shape
carat
color
clarity

Henry Dunay Fun

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
Went to the mall for the first time in a year. Houston has a big one with all the luxury stores. A nice lady at Neiman Marcus let me try this on:

IMG_1674.jpg IMG_1675.jpg

Moonstones, diamonds and platinum. Luckily my credit card limit does not go to the $107,000 price. I really wanted to take it home. It is perfect.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh la la! It looks lovely on you!

Somebody went to The Galleria! (Fellow Houstonian here!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. So feminine and pretty. :love:
Looks beautiful on you. I can see why you wanted to take it home.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really is pretty and looks great on you! So sorry it was out of budget - wow!

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
Yes the Galleria! It was very crowded, just like any other Saturday afternoon. Luckily everyone was shopping for handbags and shoes. The fine jewelry (except Tiffanys) areas were crowd free and the sales people were friendly. Graff man at Sacks encouraged try-ons and the pearl lady had no problem pulling out handfuls of pearls (that were displayed JC Penny's style), including a $70,000.00 strand of south sea pearls which she casually clinked on the glass countertop to look at the price tag.

But the NM lady was having as much fun as I was, and that necklace, who impulse buys a $107,000.00 necklace........unfortunetly not me. It did look really nice with my T-shirt and jeans...

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those stones are so glowy & pretty!

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Went to the mall for the first time in a year. Houston has a big one with all the luxury stores. A nice lady at Neiman Marcus let me try this on:

IMG_1674.jpg IMG_1675.jpg

Moonstones, diamonds and platinum. Luckily my credit card limit does not go to the $107,000 price. I really wanted to take it home. It is perfect.

@oceanblue Beautiful!! Henry aka Old Hank was my most favorite Jewelry Designer when I worked at NM. Also I loved his very first attempt at perfume but he didn't stick to that fragrance and changed to the "Sabi" fragrance.
When we would do a Dunay Trunk show Henry only wanted tall, thin models that were only wearing like a black cat suit outfit so the jewelry would be seen better. Such beautiful pieces he made. The Emerald City was my most favorite.
If the sales gal (actually Mgr) was named Joan, she is a true delight. She and I worked together for a few years at the Town & Country NM store, which is no more. ;( henry dunay.JPG

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
@oceanblue Beautiful!! Henry aka Old Hank was my most favorite Jewelry Designer when I worked at NM. Also I loved his very first attempt at perfume but he didn't stick to that fragrance and changed to the "Sabi" fragrance.
When we would do a Dunay Trunk show Henry only wanted tall, thin models that were only wearing like a black cat suit outfit so the jewelry would be seen better. Such beautiful pieces he made. The Emerald City was my most favorite.
If the sales gal (actually Mgr) was named Joan, she is a true delight. She and I worked together for a few years at the Town & Country NM store, which is no more. ;( henry dunay.JPG
Wow that Emerald City looks fabulous, I assume it is a brooch!

The nice lady at NM was named Doria or Debbie, started with a D. She went on and on about her love of Dunay, his brooches and the hearts he added to his pieces. No mention of models and catsuits.....this necklace looked great with T-shirt and jeans :) It was an "estate" piece NM bought at auction due to his bankruptcy and/or death.

Please run over and buy it so I don't have to, hehehe.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results