shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
ok so i know this is super silly but here we go. my boy and i went diamond shopping a couple of months ago and i know he has done a little (very little) research on his own. well this weekend i was going through GOG''s site and casually mentioned this one looks good - just an overall comment on one particular diamond. my bf took note and changed the subject. well (here''s the silly part) this particular diamond dissapeared from GOG''s listing today and now i of course am thinking that he could have snatched it up (granted a lot of other people could have as well).
emsmilep.gif
but i''m worried that this really isn''t the best choice...can you ladies tell me what you think of it...just in case it will eventually be mine:

you can call me crazy i don''t care.

specs:

1.350cts RB
7.16-7.21 x 4.36
AGS000 H&A
color I
clarity SI1
depth 60.7%
table 55.7%
crown angle 34.3
pavillion angle 40.7
cutlet .3%
girdle - thin to medium
flour. neg

i''m a little worried about the thin part of the girdle and the I color as i want to mount this in the vatche royal crown and have feeling a lot of people will want to look at the side of the setting seeing the diamond from the side. what do you think?

gosh i sure hope he''ll never see this post.

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
The symmetry is great! Stone looks AWESOME IMO.. especially since u have a hint of flour. i have an I from GOG myself (no flour) but I absolutely love it. I dont mind the slight tint on its side. In reality, most people will be paying too much attention to the "bling" of the stone face up to even care about anything else.
31.gif
I wouldnt worry at all! Best of Luck!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well the cut advisor gives it a bad fat thumbs up!
2.gif
so I think you''ve got a winner.

I think it looks like a beautiful stone but you might get more help if you post this in the Rocky Talky forum--all the real gurus hang out there.
1.gif

Cath

Shiny_Rock
I remember seeing this diamond on GOG''s website -- I like to browse for fun.
3.gif
I still see it on their website though??

Anyway, I always thought this diamond was very nice. Can''t say much about the I color, except I know others here have I diamonds and are very happy with them. Also, I don''t think the girdle is too thin -- the girdle is "thin to medium" which is perfect. Only if it''s "very thin" do you need to be concerned.

Maybe post this on Rocky Talky? I think you''ll get more responses there.

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
thanks girls! isn''t it crazy what all this waiting will do to us??

i am hesistant to post it on rockytalk cause there is a chance the bf would see it. i''d be embarrased if he knew i was regularly checking GOGs site to see which stones had been bought.
emembarrassed.gif

Cath: it was there this morning until i hit refresh and now it''s gone. now i wish i hadn''t hit refresh cause i can''t go back and check it out again.

oh well some lucky girl is going to get that diamond! i guess it could be anyone of us!

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
Cath
AWESOME! the link worked. thanks so much!

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Oh I think I know what''s going on with the site...they keep redesigning it lately so it''s hard to keep track. If you use the drop down menus at the top, you can still see the diamond listed. However, if you click on the "H&A Rounds" picture on the main page, then click on your size range -- the diamond is no longer there!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
I assume you''re worried about the I color, because the cut is fantastic. The girdle is great too. I color is actually not noticable except under the special jeweler lights. The guy we got my setting from sat with me and showed me the whole range of colors/cuts under jewelers lights, fluourescent, outdoors, window natural, shadow, the whole shebang, and the only time it made a difference was under jewelers (or next to a more colorless diamond). The cut is what matters the most, and that''s a great diamond! He showed me a J with some fluorescence that had a fantastic cut and I honestly couldn''t tell in natural light unless the diamonds were right next to each other.

How exciting, I have my fingers crossed for you that it was him that bought it.

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
blue chica,

thanks for the reassurance. the color was what was bothering me. how often will i be under a jewelers light! everything else looked great to my non-expert self. i just wanted some more opinions.

thanks a lot! you girls are awesome and are making the waiting more bearable. i have to stop and remind myself sometimes to enjoy this anticipation period!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results