shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RAVEN622X

Rough_Rock
I recently relocated to San Francisco and my future husband and I are starting to look at engagement rings. I''m relatively new to the whole diamond buying thing and I''m looking for any recommendations for where to start looking. If anyone knows any places in the East Bay, that''s great. I''m also looking for good websites to check out if anyone has any suggestions. THANKS!!!!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
RAVEN622X,

There is a listing of online and local jewelers just off of the pricescope main page. The links are called e-diamond vendors and Local jewelers. It's near the bottom right of the page.

Read the tutorials to learn what the options are and play with the diamond lookup engine on the front page to get a feel for what different stones cost and how various changes will affect the price. Learn the basic languate of diamond grading and pricing and notice what changes when you adjust the size, clarity, grading lab, shape, etc. This should help you to narrow down what you are looking for and help you to know the difference between a good deal and one that has been fluffed up to look like a good deal. A few hours spent here will go a long way towards making you a savvy shopper. Then look up a store and go shopping, either online or in person (or both).

As you narrow down onto what you are looking for and what features you find most valuable, you will probably find that you have a reasonably short list of vendors who are offering what you want. A good seller will be very forthcoming about what they have to offer and why they think you should buy from them. Comparing becomes pretty easy. Some people even think it's fun.

This forum is chock full of people who will be happy to help when it comes to analyzing a particular deal. It's the best free advice you'll ever see.

Neil Beaty, GG, ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver
www.gemlab.us

coreyzat

Rough_Rock
^^^^^^ What he said

RAVEN622X

Rough_Rock
Cool, i'll definitely check those out. I hadn't even noticed them at first. Thanks!
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results