shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so i bought a princess cut diamond online. When i brought it to be appraised the jeweler said that the length and width does not match the gia cert..however, the weight matches and the depth matches and he said the inclusions appear to be int he same spots as the diagram. Any insight on this? jeweler said its a red flag to him..i dont know if i should keep it or send back and try to get my money back and start from scratch.???

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Jabyx90,

3 comments:

1) your use of language suggests you used an appraiser who''s also a jeweler, which can often be a problem, in that they hope they''ll cause you to not buy the item the appraised, and buy something instead they would sell you.

2) Independent of whether the cert & diamond match, did you come to evaluate whether the item purchased is a) fine and/or b) worth what you paid for it?

3) Consider using an independent appraiser, who does not sell jewelery, with many good ones listed here.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 12:35:01 PM
Author: Regular Guy
Jabyx90,

3 comments:

1) your use of language suggests you used an appraiser who''s also a jeweler, which can often be a problem, in that they hope they''ll cause you to not buy the item the appraised, and buy something instead they would sell you.

2) Independent of whether the cert & diamond match, did you come to evaluate whether the item purchased is a) fine and/or b) worth what you paid for it?

3) Consider using an independent appraiser, who does not sell jewelery, with many good ones listed here.
Ditto Ira.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thritto.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results