shape
carat
color
clarity

Help - would this stone be eye clean?

Vc91

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I'm new to diamond purchasing, and after picking out an I colored stone with my now fiance (yay!!), I've decided it shows too much warmth for my taste.

I am looking to exchange our lab grown diamond for something of better color via Brilliant Earth (where we purchased).

Would this stone be eye clean? The cut is fantastic, and I'm hoping the sparkle would hide the inclusions.

Pics of the original "I" colored stone are attached. This is the color at its worst. Below is the original stone's listing on BE.

15787091552013743213838201298670.jpg 20200110_201615.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately we cannot discuss lab diamonds on this forum, but you can ask the moderators to move this thread to the "man made diamonds" sub-forum.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO yes, at least 95% of the time it would be eye-clean. From close up in certain lights I suspect you could see at least one of the inclusions, but not from normal viewing distance and not in most lighting.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one thing I will say is that the new stone looks like it will be much better cut than the one you have now. The one you have now does not look very well cut.

Vc91

Rough_Rock
Thank you both!! I will try to see if I can get this moved to the other thread.

In most lighting and conditions the current stone looks pretty colorless and is sparkly/clear. The original stone was supposedly a "super ideal" cut, but the new stone I am considering will be significantly better cut. The original pictures are truly the ring at its worst, but the worst is enough for me to consider an exchange LOL. Here is a "normal" picture.

20200110_210822.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results