shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Victor Canera Round Daimond with Cushion Halo!

uawildkat

Rough_Rock
Hello! My 10 year anniversary is coming up this October. I have a 1.18 carat VS1 F colored keystone diamond in a plain platinum setting that I would like to upgrade. I came across this setting online:
http://www.victorcanera.com/jewelry/engagement-rings/the-emilya-round-center-in-cushion-halo

This is a 1 carat round diamond surrounded by a cushion shaped halo... so I thought it would be a good fit for me. I wear a 5.5 size ring. My diamond measures 6.75-6.81 x 4.23 mm. I'd like to go with a 1.9mm width shank with u cut pave from 4 oclock to 8 o'clock. What size melee should I use for this 1.9mm width? I'd like to see the least amount of platinum as possible. Also, What size should the melee be in the halo? This is the part that confuses me the most. I don't want the halo to overpower my keystone. Thank you for any input!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a special project!
Are you already in contact with Victor? You don't need to worry about melee size as he made this ring many times before and he has a great eye for proportion. You can just give him some broad specifications like 'I don't want the halo to overpower my center stone' and he will work it out for you.

He just made a ring with french cut sides for me (I am wearing it for 3 days now) and he is great to work with. We had to do everything via email as I live in Europe, but he is very responsive.

If you like the proportions of the ring on the photo, you can just tell him so. He will take that into account as well as the dimensions of your center stone, your finger size...

I would contact him now and see what he thinks. Enjoy your project and working with VC!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+ 1 if you are going with Victor don't mess with the Melee sizes yourself, send the stone to him and let him do what you are paying him for. He is a master of pave and has an amazing eye for everything he does. I don't think I have ever seen Victor make any halo that overpowered the centre stone, this is something he always does to perfection. Explain to him what you like generally and then let him create a masterpiece for you!!!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1379413471|3522182 said:
+ 1 if you are going with Victor don't mess with the Melee sizes yourself, send the stone to him and let him do what you are paying him for. He is a master of pave and has an amazing eye for everything he does. I don't think I have ever seen Victor make any halo that overpowered the centre stone, this is something he always does to perfection. Explain to him what you like generally and then let him create a masterpiece for you!!!!

+1- all you have to tell him is "I would like an emilya halo, please." :lol:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others. With VC, you really don't need to worry so much about the details. Make contact with him and let him know what you want and he will take it from there. Best of luck on your project :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing to consider is whether you want a donut or not. And this might depend on whether you want to combine it with a band and whether you prefer it to sit flush.

Second is whether you would like to have secret stones set on the inside of the shank.

That's all I can think about :bigsmile: . Enjoy working with VC :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results