shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with shoulder design please!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Just got the plastic on my final cad and (darn it!) I don't like the shoulders. They look very mid century to me, but I'm going for a more deco look.
20191031_151412.png
And I'm nervous about having prongs. I wear gloves and wash my hands all day at work.
So I thought maybe do flush set like on a ring DK did last year (I just love it!)
Screenshot_20191031-140317.png

Or be more traditional, but more like this:
20191031_151237.png

They already have the little oec sidestones for me, and we are ready to cast...but I want to tweak the shoulders... any thoughts?

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I love the insp photo and detailing, and it seems like you have a real love for that previous shoulder. I think they should make the side stones bezeled and milgrained and engraved, and then when you close your eyes and run your fingertips along the side of the ring, you will feel the delicacy.... without snags.

Good luck! You have excellent taste. I can’t wait to see the ring!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you are heading to a more floral Art Deco feeling, but thought this might have some nice elements to include. I really like the shoulder with that almost hourglass detail.

1572610245857.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the middle of your three CAD photos. That's a beautiful choice assuming your jeweler has an expert engraver.

Krisking

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It looks like you want a more graduated shoulder. What is the size differential on the OECs? Do you definitely want to use three of them?

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
This is my favorite. Are your small oec graduated in size?

1572627822551.png

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your feedback! The middle one with the flush set stones and engraving is my fave, but I was unsure if it would look ok! I feel much more confident about it now! Yes the little oecs are graduated in size, so should work fine. Their engravers are fabulous, so I have no worries there!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results