shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with shipping from Hong Kong to US

Smileysunshine

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
I’m still a newbie so I hope I am posting in the correct location.
My Aunt lives in Hong Kong and she wants to send my mom a diamond bangle...Value is about $10,000 usd.
My mom has been really down due to the Pandemic..my sweet Aunt is hoping to cheer her up and I’m trying to help get it to the US!
I am not sure how to get it to the US (Los Angeles) safely.
I appreciate any help and guidance you can give me!
Thank you!! =)2

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry no one was able to answer your question. I don't know of a safe and insured way for an individual to send a valuable item internationally.

I was just looking at your tennis bracelet thread and wondered if you ever chose one? You may not check in here anymore, but I thought I'd ask just in case you do!

gemmygemgem

Rough_Rock
I would imagine local jewellers might know of the typical avenues in which their precious stock get sent around the world? As an idea, perhaps ask a friendly jeweller or check with friends who have a friendly jeweller locally? Wary this is well out of date, but only just joined.

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Jewelers who are involved in shipping internationally will often have a special shipping company they use who will insure their packages which are then sent via UPS or FedEx.

This is important, as jewelry is often not covered if you ship directly through UPS or FedEx. They will collect your premium, but you want to read the small print.

For finished jewelry entering the U.S., there will be duties to be collected.

You might try finding a jeweler who will send your package through his insurance from Hong Kong to the LA area. You would have to agree to pay the shipping expenses and the duties.

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results