shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with setting: halo or no halo

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
I would like to have my chrysoberyl set and I am torn between two rose-gold settings, one with halo and the other without halo. (Although the halo setting looks more substantial, the ring shanks of the two are similar: 2.2x1.3mm (width x depth) for the halo setting and 2.3x1.6mm for the no halo setting.)

I am usually not a halo person and I like the stone to stand out on its own. However, for this specific chrysoberyl, maybe the halo will actually make it stand out more by accentuating the green in it?

What's your opinion on the two settings and which one would you choose?

The chrysoberyl:
Chrysoberyl.jpg

The no-halo setting
s-l1600.jpg s-l1600b.jpg
The halo setting:
s-l500.jpg s-l500b.jpg

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I forgot to mention that the chrysoberyl is 8x9mm.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firstly what a beautiful stone!!!!! Love the green!

The first ring is really pretty so if you're not into halos I think the fancy band is lovely.

Even though I adore halos I'm not sure the second one would make it pop much more since you'll lose the fancy band and the halo is pretty small.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both pretty, but I like the halo better. I don't care for halos all that much when the center stone is a diamond, but I really love them for colored gemstones (and colored diamonds, too). I agree that the halo will help accentuate the green of the chrysoberyl--which is really lovely, by the way!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote halo! I’m a halo girl all the way and I think they just make CS gems pop. :mrgreen2:
Gorgeous chrysoberyl btw. It will make a stunning ring...with or without a halo.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I love halos so I'd recommend halo!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Halo,halo, halo!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrysoberyls are one of the few gemstones that I personally do not prefer in halos. I think they look better without them- maybe because I find the gem so fascinating to look at without any distractions. Either way- I am sure your ring will be gorgeous.

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
I am not a halo person so I would say no halo-the stone is big and bright enough to hold its own!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I think without halo the stone could start to look plain over months and years. That said, I would not do a white diamond halo, but a colored stone halo. Pink or red spinels, or some lavender sapphires, heated pinkish rubies etc., would definitely complement the green in your gem and provide lovely contrast.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the halo more. Great stone too. I like the halo more because it kind of “elevates” the ring and complements the stone really well. The stone will shine with the halo.

I also like the other setting. But I agree with another poster that you may get tired of the non-halo setting.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Halo!!!!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
halo!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d halo my house if I could!!

I vote halo!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote halo - I just really like the combo of a colored stone with sparkly white diamonds, I feel the contrast makes a CS pop...imo the best of both worlds.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Halo it!

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much! Given the overwhelming votes for the halo setting, I am going to try halo this time. Maybe it will convert me to a halo girl ;)2

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, the one without the halo is more for casual wear whereas the one with halo is dressier, and given the stone which is lovely, I would opt for the latter.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results