shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Selection!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely, both are very attractive.

What is the actual price difference, based on discounts?

Are there any additional features that will sway you, to include setting preferences?

Otherwise, for now, I have no good wisdom for you.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would guess the price difference is largely due to the fact that WF''s is branded (that jumps the price alone).

The JA stones table is on the smaller end. There''s nothing wrong with that, but it''s a bit different look. Some people like it, some don''t. Have you seen any smaller tabled diamonds?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The WF stone has great proportions and I like their upgrade policy better and their settings. Remember that there will be a 5% discount for wire payment and mentioning the PriceScope discount. The other stone is a good price, but it does not have an AGS report with light performance.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 7:56:19 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
The other stone is a good price, but it does not have an AGS report with light performance.
That...I think it does.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/12/2007 8:00:50 AM
Author: Regular Guy

The other stone is a good price, but it does not have an AGS report with light performance.
That...I think it does.
I clicked on the link and it does not have light performance. If you look at the WF cert, you'll see the difference.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 8:05:07 AM

That...I think it does.
I clicked on the link and it does not have light performance. If you look at the WF cert, you''ll see the difference.
I see that difference, will now put $.25 into the pot, and raise you.

I''ve suggested to the admin (buried in a post...how many of these can he read?) that we should update the AGS cert info in the FAQ section...consolidating that sort of info there.

I''ve got 25 solid cents on the table. Anyone raising me?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 8:35:14 AM

Date: 10/12/2007 8:05:07 AM

That...I think it does.
I clicked on the link and it does not have light performance. If you look at the WF cert, you''ll see the difference.
I see that difference, will now put $.25 into the pot, and raise you.

I''ve suggested to the admin (buried in a post...how many of these can he read?) that we should update the AGS cert info in the FAQ section...consolidating that sort of info there.

I''ve got 25 solid cents on the table. Anyone raising me?
i think you should have gone all in and bet ONE DOLLAR! make ''em pay.
10.gif

jellybellies

Rough_Rock
I have seen diamonds with a small table but not that small.
Im not sure what you mean when you say if setting preferences will sway me
7.gif

So you guys like the WF one better despite the 2k higher price tag? hoping to get it down to around 15K and then 5% from there...

Any other diamonds you guys would recommend? you think worth getting a H&A, ACA or not ACA?

Thanks.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 9:11:07 AM
Author: jellybellies

7.gif
unless you have a setting already, you will likely be getting one from the same place that you purchase your diamond (recommended) and that will also have an effect on the overall price. so, setting selection, quality and price will be a factor.

jellybellies

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

any opinion on H&A or ACA H&A or any recommendations on any particular diamonds you guys came by?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 9:18:46 AM
Author: belle

Date: 10/12/2007 9:11:07 AM
Author: jellybellies

7.gif
unless you have a setting already, you will likely be getting one from the same place that you purchase your diamond (recommended) and that will also have an effect on the overall price. so, setting selection, quality and price will be a factor.
Thank you twice, Belle.

If both cost the same, I''d select WF, probably. This...because I know about it''s craftsmanship details from their reputation.
If JA option cost 1/2 the cost of the WF, I would choose it...with each having 0 for light performance, that pedigree makes the cost differential an easy decider.

But it''s not 1/2 (At the JA site, I think they say call for price. I haven''t found either on the Pricescope search engine to see their represented price to you...so you know what the spread is (or should learn, exactly what it is). Tell us. Also, re settings...have you thought about this yet. It would be substantive.

Some feedback.

jellybellies

Rough_Rock
I found both on the pricescope search engine and the prices are 15K for the whiteflash and 13.5 for the JA.
Im working on a custom design from whiteflash based mostly off of this:

http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_260-2044.asp

Except with pave diamonds in the band instead of channel set.

She really like simple elegant pieces and I think this fits that.
(but she specifically did want a ring with 2 smaller sidestones and diamonds in the band...)

Let me know what you guys think!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
The gap is narrowing, but not closed.

a) financial or non...WF would probably recommend you have your ring insured appropriately if they set JA''s stone (with Touchstone or JM...read here or get their advice on how to do it). This will cost...but within a matter of days, you''d want it insured anyway.
b) To coordinate (a), and more generally, coordinate generally between the two vendors, will take...coordination. This has a non-monetized cost.

Apart from actual value, the $1500 represents a potentially slippery slope..now narrowing.

Probably your original question was to use the basis of the two stones as the meat of the decision...and I''ve just been working on the garnish.

Maybe others can help you more with the steak...but the details are coming more into focus.

Warm regards,

jellybellies

Rough_Rock
Leaning towards the whiteflash, they also offer 5% off for wire transfer which makes up more of the difference.

Probably just get the whiteflash, get insurance through their provider and be done with it! any comments/suggestions on the setting??

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would you consider this one, if eyeclean? Just another nice possibilty, with the same setting company, for less....

horatio

Rough_Rock
I have not looked at your selections, but I myself bought from WF. But I did look at JA and found their prices to be competitive. I would suggest calling them and see what they tell you about the diamond. And hope you don''t just get a salesperson, or get one that knows what they are talking about. IMHO, about the only dealer here on pricescope that will give you all the juicy details and all the tech no mumbo jumbo would be GOG.

jellybellies

Rough_Rock
really was set on atleast VS2.

I did look at GOG and JA and plan to call them but GOG just seems not as professional based on their website and presentation. I know that they come highly recommended by this community so I may give them a shot as well but their prices are about the same as whiteflash.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results