shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with sapphire ring

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
A local jewelry store has this sapphire ring on discount for $2400. (I only want the ring, not the earrings.) I'm told it's a natural sapphire in 18k white gold with a double halo of natural diamonds. It's beautiful in person. I've looked around online and it seems like a good deal to me, but is the sapphire too blue to be natural? Is the whole set too perfectly matched? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I would prefer to support my local jewelry store rather than buy online. And a blue sapphire ring has been on my wish list forever. Please help!

08989474-c7d1-499c-88a6-2608b568dd7d.JPG

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@mommylawyer Hi, does the sapphire come with a certificate from a reputable lab to confirm it is untreated? That has to be a 'must" in my books due to the price of the ring!

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I spoke to the manager. It's a natural sapphire, but it's heat treated.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
@mommylawyer Hi, does the sapphire come with a certificate from a reputable lab to confirm it is untreated? That has to be a 'must" in my books due to the price of the ring!

That's a good idea @lovedogs; I would want it for the appraisal anyway. The sapphire is the most beautiful shade of blue in person. I don't mind that it's heated, but I never would have thought to ask if @Niffler75 hadn't mentioned it. Honestly, the value of the setting alone seems worth the price to me: 18k white gold with 0.68ctw diamonds. I love 18k white gold for fine jewelry. Adding a few more pictures. Thanks again.

IMG_3090 (1).jpg IMG_3092 (1).jpg IMG_3091 (1).jpg IMG_3093 (1).jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a good idea @lovedogs; I would want it for the appraisal anyway. The sapphire is the most beautiful shade of blue in person. I don't mind that it's heated, but I never would have thought to ask if @Niffler75 hadn't mentioned it. Honestly, the value of the setting alone seems worth the price to me: 18k white gold with 0.68ctw diamonds. I love 18k white gold for fine jewelry. Adding a few more pictures. Thanks again.

IMG_3090 (1).jpg IMG_3092 (1).jpg IMG_3091 (1).jpg IMG_3093 (1).jpg

OMG !
Its beautiful
im not normally into halos but i love the shape
and the colour is fabulous
I hope you get it

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
The color of the stone is so beautiful! Gorgeous ring! Hope they can get a certificate so you could buy the ring with a confidence.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate your help and lovely comments, You all are awesome! :D The ring is a birthday gift, so I won't get to wear her until October, but I'm really excited that she's mine.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
It’s gorgeous!! And I love that you are supporting your local jewelry store. Such a wonderful gift to look forward to in these coming months!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@mommylawyer Congrats. It's such a beautiful colour! It's my birthday coming up too and I have new bling but won't threadjack! :lol:

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
@mommylawyer Congrats. It's such a beautiful colour! It's my birthday coming up too and I have new bling but won't threadjack! :lol:

Thank you! I can't wait to see your new bling. I searched your posts and found a gigantic ice cream feast. I hope your new bling is equally delightful.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a nice stone and ring, thanks for sharing.

DK :kiss2:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awfully pretty for that price -- even heated!

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I'll post a better hand shot when I pick her up from my safety deposit box in a few weeks. I tucked her away so I wouldn't be tempted to wear her before my birthday. ;)2 In the meantime, I did bring this little garnet beauty home with me from the jewelry store (14k rose gold with diamonds)

IMG_3080.jpg

Nancewbl

Rough_Rock
Could I ask who made that beautiful garnet mount? It is lovely.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Could I ask who made that beautiful garnet mount? It is lovely.

Thank you very much. I'll check with the jewelry store on Monday and let you know.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results