shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with ring (size 4 three stone)

Monkey9

Rough_Rock
So i've been researching/looking for an engagement ring for my gf who I know loves three stone and is in between a modern/classic look from what i've been told by her cousin. I've fallen in love with the cut corner ideal brilliant (similar to flanders cut) which I think captures the properties of the modern look with a classic touch. My issues right now are they are quite rare and I dont' have a lot of options with the sizes for the quality I would like.

Her ring size is 4/4.5 and for a 3 stone I want it to be comfortable and not irritating her other fingers. I know she is not flashy whatsoever but I think every girl wants a nice size diamond. My current options is as follows:

AGS ideal
center: 0.86, vs1, d color
sides: 0.36/0.36 s1 e/f color
(~$7000 for the diamonds: a little much but its a unique shape and the cut is ideal AGS)
19kt white gold V prong setup (similar to the birks amorique 3 stone ring). Most 3 stone are u/crossed prong set so I wanted something different.

**Edited by PS Moderator. please upload photos directly to forum per forum policies**

Does anyone think this is too big for her?
Initially I thought it would be too high but after seeing a 0.63/0.33 one in the store it was low surprisingly. . .

any info would be of great help!
thanks

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I wear size 4.25 and hate to have anything rubbing against the sides. The internal diameter is 15mm however the exterior diameter is much much larger especially once there is a basket protruding. My ring measures 19mm from the tips of the leafy pave thingys and you can see it does not come close to rubbing against the sides of my pinky and middle fingers. With the sizes you are considering there is no way it would be too much diamond for a size 4. My diamond is 8.5mm for comparison.

weddingrings 236.JPG

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
I wear just about that ring size and it sounds good to me. Honestly here I doubt anyone will tell you that it will be too big though, but the average size on Pricescope is significantly larger than the average across the country ;-)

My current diamond ring is .93 radiant cut solitaire and I had considered a 3 stone as well for a while. I tried on similar sizes to get a feel for what I wanted and that sounds great IMO for her hand. The setting looks great too.

Good luck and I wish you all the best!! I think you've picked very well for her :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Monkey and welcome!

I have uploaded the image directly here for you.

It is a very pretty setting and I don't think the size you propose is too big at all.

Kelpie, I love your ring, it is gorgeous!!!

vprong.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monkey9|1297511488|2849881 said:
So i've been researching/looking for an engagement ring for my gf who I know loves three stone and is in between a modern/classic look from what i've been told by her cousin. I've fallen in love with the cut corner ideal brilliant (similar to flanders cut) which I think captures the properties of the modern look with a classic touch. My issues right now are they are quite rare and I dont' have a lot of options with the sizes for the quality I would like.

Her ring size is 4/4.5 and for a 3 stone I want it to be comfortable and not irritating her other fingers. I know she is not flashy whatsoever but I think every girl wants a nice size diamond. My current options is as follows:

AGS ideal
center: 0.86, vs1, d color
sides: 0.36/0.36 s1 e/f color
(~$7000 for the diamonds: a little much but its a unique shape and the cut is ideal AGS)
19kt white gold V prong setup (similar to the birks amorique 3 stone ring). Most 3 stone are u/crossed prong set so I wanted something different.

**Edited by PS Moderator. please upload photos directly to forum per forum policies**

Does anyone think this is too big for her?
Initially I thought it would be too high but after seeing a 0.63/0.33 one in the store it was low surprisingly. . .

any info would be of great help!
thanks

It sounds lovely! will definitely not be too much for her (well IMO ::) )

I can't tell if mods removed a pic of the ring Lorelei posted on her hand there? But if you're looking to see how those proportions might look on her finger, I wear a 4 and my old ring had 0.85centre (round) and 0.3 sides (also round)

DA&K-1.jpg

Monkey9

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for all your help, and so quickly! The last pic looks perfect! It's roughly the same size as what I wanted to get, THANKS!

Here are some pics of the diamond I found online, and another with 3 stone (the table is like the first pic however smaller to increase fire). The jewellar I'm buying this from (In Canada, Monte Cristo) says its a princess cut diamond that resembles a brilliants fire, which I agree when i saw it in person!

Flanders-Promise-Diamond-Ring-3.gif

square_cut_corner_ideal.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results