shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with ring setting

QuietStorm

Rough_Rock
I recently bought a 2.5 carat* antique cushion cut sapphire to replace my 1 carat** tanzanite. The tanzanite is chipped on the side and scratched. I'm frankly surprised it has lasted 3 years. We knew this might happen when buying the engagement ring. I was wondering if it is possible to pop a new head onto the existing shank. I believe the crown setting has been cast in. Could I please get some opinions as to if I can re-tip/re-build the existing prongs, or if a new head would work? If it helps, it is an antique white gold setting. I'm including a random picture of our cat because she's too cute.

* Cushion cut measurement is 9.07 x 6/82 x 4.40mm
** Round measurement is 6.5?mm

ring5.JPG ring4.JPG ring3.JPG ring2.JPG ring1.JPG

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous colour Tanzanite, but that kitty steals the show! Is she Abyssinian? We had those when we were growing up & loved them. Gorgeous natured & silky soft.

As for your ring head, I am not sure. I suspect because it's integrated into the shank it won't be straight forward, but I'm sure an expert hand can do something with it? I'll let those with more experience than me chip in.

QuietStorm

Rough_Rock
Thank you Alex T! She is an Aby! She is very much underfoot, and wanted to be included in the picture :lol:

The jewelers did say it was possible. I am looking around ~$500 for labor, etc... Though I don't remember what the 'etc' was! We haven't discussed specifics yet. Just wondering if the pricing and possibility are on point.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results