shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with reading ASET and H&A image

soontobe_do_ob

Rough_Rock
So my search continues to find the right diamond (although its starting to drive me slightly mad :wall: haha). I have attached an ASET and H&A image, what do you guys think? From what I have read, the stone doesn't look perfect but does look pretty darn good.

stone_14.jpg

hearts_18.jpg

arrows_16.jpg

aset_82.jpg

Thanks in advance!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's showing a little bit of leakage under the table but I dont think it's enough to worry about. If you are not paying for a super
ideal then this stone looks very nice. What are the numbers? Did they tell you it's eye-clean and from what distance?

soontobe_do_ob

Rough_Rock
2.01 ct K VS2 GIA EX VG VG
Table: 58%
Depth: 61.2%
Crown: 34.5
Pavilion: 40.6

totally eye clean stone ~$8500

Should I pull the trigger?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice numbers...if it is easily returnable in case there is something about it you dont like then I would.
Should be a nice stone.

Edit...can I ask who the vendor is? That is a very good price.

soontobe_do_ob

Rough_Rock
Yes sorry it is James Allen! Only thing that has me a little worried is that it was GIA certified in october 2014 (which makes me question why it has not been sold yet). However, they do have a great return policy.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
soontobe_do_ob|1468790456|4056451 said:
Yes sorry it is James Allen! Only thing that has me a little worried is that it was GIA certified in october 2014 (which makes me question why it has not been sold yet). However, they do have a great return policy.

What is the first 2 numbers of Jame Allen's SKU??

soontobe_do_ob

Rough_Rock
88 ... Hope that helps. I am going to call them tomorrow to have the stone sent to them and looked over before my purchase.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
soontobe_do_ob|1468799474|4056509 said:
88 ... Hope that helps. I am going to call them tomorrow to have the stone sent to them and looked over before my purchase.
SKU 8XXXXX applies to stone that got listed during winter of 2015.

Two possible cases.
1. The stone was graded in 2014. There was no buyer, floating somewhere in the virtual inventory. JA decided to list the stone since winter of 2015.
2. The stone was graded in 2014. It was sold once by JA. The customer returned the stone for an upgrade. JA re-listed the stone winter of 2015.

Ask if the stone had been sold and returned in the past, if you are curious.

K color is not popular. So, it would not be too surprising if there has not been any taker.
Anyways, very good price under 10k for K 2.0c

soontobe_do_ob

Rough_Rock
Pulled the trigger on it today. Total cost ended up being $8144 for the stone after discounts ... not bad (i think)! I am having it set in a plain rose gold solitaire at the moment because none of the JamesAllen settings quite fit the bill but I still wanted a ring to propose with while we get a custom setting made. The extra cost for the setting was negligible in the long run anyhow and I hope it will suffice for the time being. I hope it looks nice! This is my first diamond purchase and I will update this thread with pictures when it comes in!

soontobe_do_ob

Rough_Rock
Just a quick update. The ring shipped out today (earlier than what was quoted by James Allen!!), will hopefully have pictures up tomorrow!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results