shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with picking a diamonf for a rose gold Tacori

darena

Rough_Rock
Hi there =)
I started my search with a setting and decided on Tacori Dantela 2620 engagement ring. I saw it at a store and fell in love with it. Here is the link to it https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...tela-crown-solitaire-engagement-ring-2600.htm
Now, I am in search of the diamond. The jeweler I am working with says that he is a wholesaler and he will get me a good price. I know very little about diamonds, so figured I would do my research before trusting him.
I am going with one carat ( plus or minus) round diamond. I read up on 4c and found out that with rose gold I can go low in color. This is fine by me. I in general like warm colors. But here is the thing. How much lower? And also, the ring has side stones. I checked with the manufacturer and side stones are G color. So, do I stay with G color for my main stone ( so that side stones match my main stone) or I can go lower in color without being being scared that my side stones and the main stone would mismatch.

Thank you =)

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Your setting is beautiful! How about an ACA round G from Whiteflash? You will be guaranteed a superb diamond.

darena

Rough_Rock
Hi there. ACA means a cut above?:oops2:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Yes A Cut Above. I don't own one but I do own an ideal one from Brian Gavin Diamonds. Since the setting you love is at Whiteflash it will be soo easy to get your diamond from there and they will set it beautifully. I'm sure others will chime in soon as to suggestions. Do you have a carat weight that you desire or other parameters?

darena

Rough_Rock
I tried this ring in 1 carat at the local jeweler and liked how it looked. On WF website, the size range for this ring is from .9 to 1.1 carats. So I guess this is my search criteria.
Ideally, I would not want to spend more than 7k on the ring. The setting itself is $2,400. Which leaves me with $4,600 for the diamond.
I tried to search for diamonds on WF and it seems that I can find an ACA diamond, but only if the color is I or J.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi darena, you could start with a smaller carat, higher color to fit your budget and then upgrade as you can. Whiteflash has a excellent trade in policy, I believe you only have to spend 1 dollar more. Or you could start with a J and you love it. Many people on PS have Js and they love it. This is the fun part....options!

Shanster

Rough_Rock
Beautiful choice! I have the same setting in rose with an H/VS1 diamond. Going any higher in color would be a waste of money in rose gold IMO.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi darena, you could start with a smaller carat, higher color to fit your budget and then upgrade as you can. Whiteflash has a excellent trade in policy, I believe you only have to spend 1 dollar more. Or you could start with a J and you love it. Many people on PS have Js and they love it. This is the fun part....options!

Meant to say higher color as in F, G,H and get a smaller carat to fit your budget. I think I should have said lower color. I don't know lol. Just wanted to clarify.

Shanster

Rough_Rock
My setting has a plain band...only has the tiny halo stones. They halo stones are so tiny I think a J would be fine but I’m not too sure about pave stones on the band or a wedding band. If you want a plain band, J should be fine...pave band, H or better is “safe”.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would 100% get the diamond from whiteflash. They are most trustworthy than almost any vendor outside of our trusted vendors, especially one who claims to be a "wholesaler". That's pretty much a meaningless statement and makes me think they aren't trustworthy.

I would look at ACA (a cut above) and ES (expert selection) stones from whiteflash.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would also call WF to see what they say about what color of stone would work without being too much lower in color than the side stones. An I color might work, but of course I havent seen the setting so I can't say one way or the other.

You might have to spend a bit more money in order to get the H or I color in .9-1ct size. Is the budget flexible? I see many more options in the 5.5-6K range (for the diamond).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We usually say stay within 2 color grades of the side stones but small pave almost always look whiter because they are just to small to see color in and
you usually just see white/bright.

I think you could go down to I.

I would be cautious of any jeweler that says they are a wholesaler. The uneducated usually end up with a diamond that has an inferior cut.
When they realize that you know what a well cut stone is, you usually end up paying what you would pay at other jewelers for that well-cut stone.
(just be cautious - YMMV)

EDIT...and the other thing I forgot to say is do not put any money down to have the jeweler bring in a stone.
In some of these cases, people are required to put down money for the jeweler to bring in a stone...the stones end up being inferior and when
you tell the jeweler that you only want well cut stones the price jumps to MORE than they would have to
pay at other jewelers. At that point, the "wholesaler" refuses to refund the money so the buyer ends up
paying a lot more for a decent cut stone or forfeiting the money they put down. :(

Last edited:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just for reference, the rose gold setting in my avatar holds a J color August Vintage round. The side stones are much whiter, but I don't mind the contrast.

darena

Rough_Rock
Great! Thank you for your input. I will go to the jeweler one more time, but it seems like I will be buying from WF

darena

Rough_Rock
Here is my H with Tacori pave WB... lighting isn’t the best. 3FB93829-D7A8-4BC8-B101-D22C203C8B82.jpeg
Would you mind telling me your carat size? this is the same setting I am getting - plain band.

darena

Rough_Rock
We usually say stay within 2 color grades of the side stones but small pave almost always look whiter because they are just to small to see color in and
you usually just see white/bright.

I think you could go down to I.

I would be cautious of any jeweler that says they are a wholesaler. The uneducated usually end up with a diamond that has an inferior cut.
When they realize that you know what a well cut stone is, you usually end up paying what you would pay at other jewelers for that well-cut stone.
(just be cautious - YMMV)

EDIT...and the other thing I forgot to say is do not put any money down to have the jeweler bring in a stone.
In some of these cases, people are required to put down money for the jeweler to bring in a stone...the stones end up being inferior and when
you tell the jeweler that you only want well cut stones the price jumps to MORE than they would have to
pay at other jewelers. At that point, the "wholesaler" refuses to refund the money so the buyer ends up
paying a lot more for a decent cut stone or forfeiting the money they put down. :(

Good to know! Thank you

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried this ring in 1 carat at the local jeweler and liked how it looked. On WF website, the size range for this ring is from .9 to 1.1 carats. So I guess this is my search criteria. [emphasis added by MM]
Ideally, I would not want to spend more than 7k on the ring. The setting itself is $2,400. Which leaves me with $4,600 for the diamond.
I tried to search for diamonds on WF and it seems that I can find an ACA diamond, but only if the color is I or J.
The Center Stone Size on the WF listing page is actually a drop-down menu that shows the Dantela Crown Solitaire is also available -- for $210 less -- for center stone diamonds that are 0.65 - 0.75 ct. and therefore would also bring the total price down, generally speaking. To give you some idea of what that would look like, I found an eBay listing that shows the setting with a .77 ct. in ring size 6:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tacori-Dantela-diamond-ring/183770347658

Same setting with a more petite 0.57 center stone for ring size 5.5 finger:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GIA-0-57-R...HITE-GOLD-ENGAGEMENT-RING-E-VVS1/253824619665

But I bet Whiteflash could show you some pics-videos of different sizes of stones of 1 ct. and less in that setting to help you decide which size range you'd prefer, given your budget, etc.
Hi darena, you could start with a smaller carat, higher color to fit your budget and then upgrade as you can. Whiteflash has a excellent trade in policy, I believe you only have to spend 1 dollar more. * * *
Do you think you might want to upgrade? Not everyone is so inclined (no one within my circle of friends and family has abandoned their original e-ring, except me & that's because I'm divorced). If the possibility of an upgrade interests you, WF's upgrade policy -- which applies to all their in-house diamonds, including the Expert Section & Premium Select, not just the A Cut Above ones
https://www.whiteflash.com/whiteflash-diamonds-categories/
-- is a fine one (and a reason that WF stones aren't bargain-priced); you don't even have to spend $1 dollar more, new stone can be the same price as purchase price of original stone.
https://www.whiteflash.com/confidence/lifetime-trade-up-guarantee/

Keep in mind, however, you can't put a new 1 carat diamond in the Dantella setting originally made for, say, a 0.70 center stone. Ordinarily, you'd have to pay for a brand new Dantella (because it's a ring that doesn't lend itself to just replacing the head with a larger one). But... keep scrolling down the Trade-Up page linked above & you'll see there's a new-ish component of WF's upgrade policy that is unique and would help you out: WF will credit you with 50% of the purchase price of your Tacori, Verragio, Simon G., A. Jaffe, Danhov or Vatche setting toward the purchase of another such designer setting. So that's a definite plus -- that I'm sure your local jeweler who's claiming to be "a wholesaler" :rolleyes: can't match.

Last edited:

darena

Rough_Rock
The Center Stone Size on the WF listing page is actually a drop-down menu that shows the Dantela Crown Solitaire is also available -- for $210 less -- for center stone diamonds that are 0.65 - 0.75 ct. and therefore would also bring the total price down, generally speaking. To give you some idea of what that would look like, I found an eBay listing that shows the setting with a .77 ct. in ring size 6:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tacori-Dantela-diamond-ring/183770347658

Same setting with a more petite 0.57 center stone for ring size 5.5 finger:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GIA-0-57-R...HITE-GOLD-ENGAGEMENT-RING-E-VVS1/253824619665

But I bet Whiteflash could show you some pics-videos of different sizes of stones of 1 ct. and less in that setting to help you decide which size range you'd prefer, given your budget, etc.

Do you think you might want to upgrade? Not everyone is so inclined (no one within my circle of friends and family has abandoned their original e-ring, except me & that's because I'm divorced). If the possibility of an upgrade interests you, WF's upgrade policy -- which applies to all their in-house diamonds, including the Expert Section & Premium Select, not just the A Cut Above ones
https://www.whiteflash.com/whiteflash-diamonds-categories/
-- is a fine one (and a reason that WF stones aren't bargain-priced); you don't even have to spend $1 dollar more, new stone can be the same price as purchase price of original stone.
https://www.whiteflash.com/confidence/lifetime-trade-up-guarantee/

Keep in mind, however, you can't put a new 1 carat diamond in the Dantella setting originally made for, say, a 0.70 center stone. Ordinarily, you'd have to pay for a brand new Dantella (because it's a ring that doesn't lend itself to just replacing the head with a larger one). But... keep scrolling down the Trade-Up page linked above & you'll see there's a new-ish component of WF's upgrade policy that is unique and would help you out: WF will credit you with 50% of the purchase price of your Tacori, Verragio, Simon G., A. Jaffe, Danhov or Vatche setting toward the purchase of another such designer setting. So that's a definite plus -- that I'm sure your local jeweler who's claiming to be "a wholesaler" :rolleyes: can't match.
Hi there.
Yes, I've read up on WF policy and that's the reason why I am considering them. I may want to trade in in ten years. I work in the industry where the way you present yourself is very important.
I think I will go to the local jeweler and ask him to show me his diamonds and will specifically ask for warmer colors. If this is something that I like, I will ask him for the GIA report and will shop around for similar diamonds. He has a price match policy. And then I will decide between him and WF.
I saw that smaller settings cost less. But I am set on a 1 carat.
what I like about local jeweler is that I can drop by and clean or resize my ring and they give you life time warranty on tacori products. WF does the same. But I would have to ship my ring. And I am lazy and not sure if I will ever do it. So, I would still have to use local jewelers for maintenance.
I like the trade in policy at WF. spending extra 3 or 4 grands on a ring would not be a problem to me in the next 10 years. So, I should really consider it.
I will give you an update on my decision. Thank you for your input =)

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whatever you decide, hope you'll post back with pics of the completed ring -- I think it's one of Tacori's nicest settings!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Make sure your jeweler is showing you well-cut lower colored stones or you wont be comparing apples to apples. AGS000 graded stones preferably.
Dont look at lower colored stones next to higher colors because that will bias you towards the colorless stones. Just look at an "I" or a "J" independent of
other stones and form your opinion based on what you see.

WhiteFlash also gives you 50% trade-in on your Tacori setting (any designer setting) if your upgraded stone is too big to fit your current setting.

darena

Rough_Rock
Here is my H with Tacori pave WB... lighting isn’t the best. 3FB93829-D7A8-4BC8-B101-D22C203C8B82.jpeg

Hi Shanster,
Would you mind showing me the ring from the side? I know it sits pretty high. I have decided on 1.3 -1.5 carat, but I was not able to see this ring with this carat size and color in person.
I would appreciate as many pictures of your beautiful ring as possible =)

Shanster

Rough_Rock
  • 7966A18C-6B46-4E7C-B1A9-03CC308500FF.jpeg
    Hi Shanster,
    Would you mind showing me the ring from the side? I know it sits pretty high. I have decided on 1.3 -1.5 carat, but I was not able to see this ring with this carat size and color in person.
    I would appreciate as many pictures of your beautiful ring as possible =)
    Surely...I was worried about that too but honestly I don’t feel it sits too high. I was looking at Verragio settings too and they seemed to sit slightly higher to me.
    BC01C98A-C79C-4480-BB97-805FA5B2CD97.jpeg B9394442-8C09-40C7-97B6-A0FF728CBB14.jpeg

Last edited:

Shanster

Rough_Rock
You’re welcome! Please post yours once it’s complete!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results