carat
color
clarity

Help with N/O or M color diamond setting

Kim123

Rough_Rock
d3_2.jpg d1_8.jpg http

Hello!

I need your opinion. I need to choose to set one of these stones - M color or N-O color. 3.6cts and 3.4cts

M is a little hazy but bit whiter than N-O, N-O is more "lively"

I have been thinking about double halo in white gold:

1. Both halos with white diamonds
2. First halo with fancy yellow diamonds + yellow gold and external halo with white diamonds (and white gold)
3. Both halos with white diamonds but the gold around first halo yellow or pink

I know that pink halo could make these diamonds very nice but these are difficult to find + crazy price

Thank you!!!

Kim123

Rough_Rock
d5_0.jpg

d6.jpg

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock
I would pick the lively one.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:errrr: Don't buy a hazy diamond. The n-o or keep looking.

Both of these stones don't wow me. How much are they?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is quite a difference in color. The one on the right is much more yellow. But regardless, I love low color diamonds with a white halo! The one on the left looks like it may have a brown undertone, and if so, rose gold prongs and gallery would add a hint of pink and then do a white halo in white metal.

Can you give us the numbers from the GIA reports on both stones so we can see which is better cut? They might greatly benefit from a recut, and I'd definitely consider that before setting.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Are these family diamonds? Is that why you have to choose one of them? Do you like the facet patterns? If you have to choose one, if one is hazy, pick the other. Either of these could benefit from a recut. But, to answer your question, I love warm diamonds in rose gold.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kim :wavey:

There's no masking the color in an M+ colored stone. So I say go with the more tinted one and the white halo will provide a better contrast which will be more pleasing to the eye.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
In my mind, the most important aspect of a diamond is its sparkle. So if I had to choose between these two, I would go with the N/O.

Kim123

Rough_Rock
Thank you all!

Was away from forum for a while. I think I will try with the N-O and rose gold prongs on the first halo + white gold in second halo (everything with white diamonds) .....

Kim123

Rough_Rock
Oh and they would cost +/- 15-16K ...

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kim123|1468524315|4055463 said:
Oh and they would cost +/- 15-16K ...
Would you be open to other options in a similar size in a similar price range

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A yellow diamond really may not look great with rose gold. I wouldn't do a rose gold halo and then a white metal halo unless the stone is light brown or brown with pink.

As others have said, unless these are family stones and you have to choose one, I would look further to be sure you are getting a great cut stone. Are these GIA graded? Do they have a cut grade? If you have to choose on and choose the N-O, I would consider having it recut unless it is excellent cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results