shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with last-minute replica Van Cleef onyx heart necklace

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is an add-on “just because” gift for my Mom for sentimental reasons— I will include the full story tomorrow when I have more time! I need it in time for actual Christmas Day. (If I can’t get it in time, I can always give it later).

Looking for the onyx heart in yellow gold. Gold fill is preferable, just since it will sit in her jewelry box and she’ll never wear it, but I’d also consider gold!

Thank you for any ideas!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to add that it has to be the heart and has to be yellow gold due to sentimentality!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No idea about this seller, but here’s another one: http://www.ladybelle.co/van-cleef-arpels-sweet-alhambra-heart-necklace-yellow-gold-black-onyx.html

Not feeling the warm fuzzies that they seem to be full-on knocking off the original with the stamp. :nono:

Wow. Goodness, yes, that's appalling :nono:

On the upside VCA does not make a Sweet onyx heart pendant, and I've yet to hear of a single successful Sweet SO request, so at least everyone who knows anything at all about the brand will know it's fake...

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DDF48038-1A55-409D-A709-6CF1423EE711.jpeg Reporting for duty.
Had a look around, the copy ones are pretty awful quality to be honest. I think if you love the original, a replica is going to disappoint. Why spend $100 or so on junk? Don’t forget it will be yours eventually :geek2: I’m not being morbid, I make all my mothers jeweller gifts with my taste is mind :P2
I found this, on eBay in the style, but 14kt solid yellow gold AND diamonds with gold chain. Maybe a bit high for you at $599 (new) business seller has “make offer” option free shipping and in the US. I’d try $550.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DDF48038-1A55-409D-A709-6CF1423EE711.jpeg Reporting for duty.
Had a look around, the copy ones are pretty awful quality to be honest. I think if you love the original, a replica is going to disappoint. Why spend $100 or so on junk? Don’t forget it will be yours eventually :geek2: I’m not being morbid, I make all my mothers jeweller gifts with my taste is mind :P2
I found this, on eBay in the style, but 14kt solid yellow gold AND diamonds with gold chain. Maybe a bit high for you at $599 (new) business seller has “make offer” option free shipping and in the US. I’d try $550.

You are right, of course, they are all poor quality I’m sure. I just know my mom won’t wear it.

Backstory: My dad passed away five years ago. In about 1980, he bought mom the black onyx and yellow gold Alhambra replica necklace. It definitely wasn’t VCA, but it was solid gold and onyx. I had no idea about the VCA brand when I was young. I just loved that necklace, and so did my sister. My mom let us wear it. One of my high school pictures is me wearing it! Peeking out of my floral turtleneck, lol.

This summer, I really got into the idea of saving for a VCA bracelet. I “discovered” the brand through PS years ago, but this summer I really got into the research. I asked my mom about that necklace. I hadn’t seen it in almost 20 years. She said it was lost back in those high school/college years. My sister laughed and said it was probably her who lost it. :???: It made me sad to think of that necklace being lost, especially since we lost Dad and he’s obviously not buying her more jewelry.

My mom never really wore the necklace, I KNOW she will not wear a new one, but I’d like to have a trinket to represent that gift from my dad way back when.

The necklace you linked is very pretty! But I need the yellow gold braid. :wavey:

You do have me thinking that I should take Mom on a VCA trip for this necklace!:lol:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You are right, of course, they are all poor quality I’m sure. I just know my mom won’t wear it.

Backstory: My dad passed away five years ago. In about 1980, he bought mom the black onyx and yellow gold Alhambra replica necklace. It definitely wasn’t VCA, but it was solid gold and onyx. I had no idea about the VCA brand when I was young. I just loved that necklace, and so did my sister. My mom let us wear it. One of my high school pictures is me wearing it! Peeking out of my floral turtleneck, lol.

This summer, I really got into the idea of saving for a VCA bracelet. I “discovered” the brand through PS years ago, but this summer I really got into the research. I asked my mom about that necklace. I hadn’t seen it in almost 20 years. She said it was lost back in those high school/college years. My sister laughed and said it was probably her who lost it. :???: It made me sad to think of that necklace being lost, especially since we lost Dad and he’s obviously not buying her more jewelry.

My mom never really wore the necklace, I KNOW she will not wear a new one, but I’d like to have a trinket to represent that gift from my dad way back when.

The necklace you linked is very pretty! But I need the yellow gold braid. :wavey:

You do have me thinking that I should take Mom on a VCA trip for this necklace!:lol:

@diamondseeker2006 — I thought I remember reading that you had a source for solid gold, quality replica VCA?

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
g4S2MZW.jpg

https://poshmark.com/listing/Black-...ntgold-tone-necklace-5a9f1d97077b97b8e3b3e04d

I saw this just uploaded today and it's only $14!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a thought ... would it be possible to commission one to be made, maybe by DK, if you cannot find one that is like what you’re looking for?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@KristinTech Love the idea of a VCA shopping trip :bigsmile: And maybe the experience will inspire your mum to wear her commemoration piece ::)

Whilst you're at VCA... you might ask about a special order - you have a unique story and a unique reason for wanting this specific Sweet + onyx + heart combination. It can't hurt to ask!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results