shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Jewellers in NY or CT

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oldmonk

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

My two best friends are getting married, to each other, and am under pressure from both to ensure the other buys a good ring!

''The guy'' is currently based in Stamford and will be coming down to India in the last week of April for the engagement. ''The girl'' has subtly (!) given me these specs: glossy platinum band, single stone ring, solitaire, G or higher, VVS2 or higher, 0.5 carat or higher, 6 pronged setting. The poor guy is very lost, not least because he''s new to the USA. Could someone please recommend a few reputed jewellery stores that he can walk into and pick up a ready set ring? I don''t think he has the time to get one custom-made, though I would push him to get an inscription at least. He can travel to NY if that''s where the stores are.

Now for the other half. Though the guy does not have as many specs, we did visit many stores in India and walked out with no hope. The girl and I now plan to buy something through a friend in New York and have that transported across through her soon-to-be fiance, of course disguised as something uninteresting. So what stores would you recommend for smart platinum rings for guys?

Please help!

Sav

peachster

Rough_Rock
I love Peter Suchy in Stamford on High Ridge Road. Peter is an excellent jeweler, very helpful, no hard sell ever. He just seems to really love jewelry. He has a lot of vintage/estate jewelry, but also plenty of contemporary jewelry too, and it is always worth shopping there.

oldmonk

Rough_Rock
Thank you peachster, appreciate your help. Will let you know what we pick.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, highly recommended vendors here on Pricescope are Good Old Gold they have a store front and ERD which you need to call and make an appointment. I could make sure to call these 2 guys for sure
1.gif
If you do a search here on Pricescope you will read many good reviews; welcome to PS by the way!

oldmonk

Rough_Rock
Skippy,

Thanks! Relief is creeping in at last. I did go through both the sites and will def get my friend to do the same.

I maanged to go through several posts since registering yesterday and you are right, there are some great tips on all that glitters. Happy to be part of this, will catch you around.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh good. I would call both GOG and ERD and make appointments before hand; especially ERD since they do not have a storefront; GOG has a storefront. Maybe you can tell them what you are looking for and when you get there they can have things ready for you to look at; happy shopping
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results