shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with highly ranked AGS and HCA diamond (Early in my sea

Mahiki

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I've been doing my initial research on various online sites with GIA/AGS reports.

I found that my parameters (~1.7ct, H, VS2, Excellent Cut, HCA <2.5) have me looking bw 15-20k for the stone.

Then I tried I-color and came across this stone: https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...rat-i-color-vs1-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-1957300

HCA score is a 1.1 (better than any I've seen yet in my search) and yet it's priced at $13,650, which has me unsure of why.

Can someone help me understand what accounts for this stone's low price? Is this evidence that I should be weary of AGS reports vs GIA?

On a platinum setting, is I color a good way to get value (high quality cut/eye clean clarity), or is it going to be an issue at the size I'm looking for?

I'm sorry for all these questions, but I'm just trying to find myself in what I'm sure will be a very nerve-wracking decision process.

Thanks a bunch.
Mahiki

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
Re: Help with highly ranked AGS and HCA diamond (Early in my

I am definitely not that knowledgeable but I also just bought a True Hearts from James Allen in the same size range, but my color was an H and on the downside the clarity was a SI1. My stone was more $ than yours but I'm sure it was due to the H color. From what I've read on pricescope, diamonds graded 000 AGS already are great light performance stones so yours should be as well as having excellent symmetry in the arrows and hearts. My original diamond engagement is an I color and it seems white to me. I think you see the color more in larger stones especially viewing from the side but face up should look white. I would put it on hold before its snapped up. You can always have the stone sent to You and decide if the color is acceptable. They give 30 days to make a return.

Downsy

Shiny_Rock

PS I love my James Allen true hearts - it's a real sparkler! I had to send it back to size my ring smaller snd I'm missing it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The price seems in line to me. There are nice I colored stones starting in the mid to upper $11k so $13k for an H&A stone sounds
about right. AGS000 means that the light return on the stone has been checked and it gets the highest rating. If you are interested
in the stone you should put it on hold. Stones get snatched around here.

"I" color is a very good way to get value. If you havent seen any I colored stones you need to go a jewelry stone and ask to see
some AGS000 stones to see if you are ok with it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results