Help with hca score

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You nailed the HCA!

HCA.jpg

That 2.01 is amazing, DejaWiz! OP, I highly recommend this one.

qq830821

Rough_Rock
thanks for your recommendation. I am a little bit concerned about the clarity of these ones. Is vs2 a bit too low for a 2ct rock?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
thanks for your recommendation. I am a little bit concerned about the clarity of these ones. Is vs2 a bit too low for a 2ct rock?

Not too low at all. Clarity is determined by the types, sizes, and number of inclusions.
For strategically placed inclusions (in the crown area, for example), you will likely never see them without magnification...and that's after you hunt and find them. LGD is quite forgiving, since there are all sorts of inclusion types that can be found in EGD that just aren't present in LGD due to the controlled environment of the growth process.

Thank you! That’s not as good as I thought

It's rated as Excellent per the HCA...the proportions and angles are well within the ranges of what all super ideal cut diamonds would need to be.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HCA doesn't have "better" or "worse" for numbers under 2. It's a rejection tool (e.g. probably reject anything scoring over 2), not a selection tool. So a 1.8 HCA is no better or worse than a .7

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
HCA doesn't have "better" or "worse" for numbers under 2. It's a rejection tool (e.g. probably reject anything scoring over 2), not a selection tool. So a 1.8 HCA is no better or worse than a .7

lovedogs is right (as usual :) )
Second bullet point under Usage Notes:

Screenshot_20220525-113127.png

qq830821

Rough_Rock
hi DejaWiz and lovdogs. thanks for clairifying. with regards to the last dot points below. does that mean a hca score that is <1 is actually less desirable for a ring?

I have an eye on a 2.08 ct E VS1 rock that has a HCA score of 0.9. does this mean its actually less desirable?
lovedogs is right (as usual :) )
Second bullet point under Usage Notes:

Screenshot_20220525-113127.png

qq830821

Rough_Rock
Not too low at all. Clarity is determined by the types, sizes, and number of inclusions.
For strategically placed inclusions (in the crown area, for example), you will likely never see them without magnification...and that's after you hunt and find them. LGD is quite forgiving, since there are all sorts of inclusion types that can be found in EGD that just aren't present in LGD due to the controlled environment of the growth process.

It's rated as Excellent per the HCA...the proportions and angles are well within the ranges of what all super ideal cut diamonds would need to be.

hi DejaWiz,
I have my eyes on this rock, any advice?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

That's a gorgeous diamond, right there!
No need to worry about a well-proportioned diamond scoring slightly below 1 on the HCA, because we know that the proportions and angles are well within the recommended ideal ranges (see link below).
It's not uncommon for some super ideal cut diamonds such as Whiteflash ACA, Brian Gavin Black, CBI, JannPaul White Series, and Victor Canera H&A to score just below a 1, as well.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a gorgeous diamond, right there!
No need to worry about a well-proportioned diamond scoring slightly below 1 on the HCA, because we know that the proportions and angles are well within the recommended ideal ranges (see link below).
It's not uncommon for some super ideal cut diamonds such as Whiteflash ACA, Brian Gavin Black, CBI, JannPaul White Series, and Victor Canera H&A to score just below a 1, as well.

I agree! Check out this recent thread discussing HCA scores under 1 as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results