shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with finding 1 ct Princess cut TIA!

PrincessCutHelp

Rough_Rock
i found a princess cut 1 ct off blue Nile I really like.. even passed it through rare carat and they approved. I guess I may be getting greedy but I noticed it’s at 5.4 x 5.4 x 3.85.. wondering if I could find something slightly bigger surface wise and not sacrifice quality or if this will be the best I can get. I really wanted to go through James Allen since they have 25 percent off settings and that would help us keep our budget.

This is the diamond I’m eyeing https://www.bluenile.com/princess-cut-diamond-1-carat-very-good-cut-g-color-si1-clarity_LD12205185

What does everyone think?
Thank you in advance!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Princess cuts have a smaller face up size v a round, or other shapes.

The stone you found is about the expected size for a well cut princess, comparing it to a Whiteflash A cut above- ideal cut- stone.

Are you buying this for your intended or yourself? I ask because not everyone would pick that cut.

I’m not good with princess stones, so I can’t comment on yours, but I would make sure the wearer wants a princess for sure.

PrincessCutHelp

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply! It is for myself.. helping the SO out on this one.. I know not very traditional haha. I love the square look to it. I found something a bit larger at 5.62 x 5.53 but still probably on the small size compared to other diamonds. I was thinking about cushion but all the princess cuts I tried on in store I loved. I’ve been told I could go down to color I but with my budget at 3,600 for entire ring not including taxes still doesn’t get me that much bigger

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Princess cuts have a smaller face up size v a round, or other shapes.

The stone you found is about the expected size for a well cut princess, comparing it to a Whiteflash A cut above- ideal cut- stone.

Are you buying this for your intended or yourself? I ask because not everyone would pick that cut.

I’m not good with princess stones, so I can’t comment on yours, but I would make sure the wearer wants a princess for sure.
This. Princess cuts are a love/hate kind of thing. And they face up small for their weight, which is annoying bc you don't get the size you expect for a given ct weight

PrincessCutHelp

Rough_Rock
This. Princess cuts are a love/hate kind of thing. And they face up small for their weight, which is annoying bc you don't get the size you expect for a given ct weight

Ugh i do love them.. so I guess I have to find one with biggest surface but still good quality for my range.. I found another two from blue nile.. one is a bit more rectangular. Would you go over one just for the difference in dimensions?
https://www.diamdb.com/compare/1ct-princess-5.62x5.53x3.95-vs-1ct-princess-5.91x5.5x3.7/

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like squarer stones, don't forget to check out the Peruzzi and French and Emerald/Asscher cuts on Yoram's site www.gemconcepts.net ;-) :))

elizat

Ideal_Rock
What about this radiant? Could you live with a K?
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/102ct-k-vs1-radiant-diamond-r8247

MEASUREMENTS: 6.15 x 5.36 x 3.70 mm

Might be worth seeing in person for such a size jump. DBL are very good with fancies.

That’s really pretty!

I looked for princess cuts at DBL before I posted, but David didn’t have anything that seemed a good match. That radiant is really pretty and a good size bump! I have a DBL ring and the setting is super well made.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results