shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with evaluating this diamond for angles

April J

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I am new to PS and am trying to find a very sparkly D diamond. I would like help with interpreting data.

Please tell me if the following specs are great for a very sparkly diamond. I want a great light performer. HCA score is 1.8 and I checked the AGS Ideal chart and per the table size, pavilion angle and crown angle, it falls in an Ideal box on that chart.

Here's the specs:

GIA Grade: Excellent
Table: 56%
Depth: 62.5%
Crown Angle: 36 degrees
Pavilion Angle: 40.6 degrees
Girdle: Medium Slightly Thick
Culet: None

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With my very basic understanding of the angles this would be too deep (up to 62.3 allowed) plus the crown angle is too high (up to 35). Do you have photos or other data e.g. Idealscope or ASET?

April J

Rough_Rock
Hi Snowdrop,

No, I don't have the IdealScope image just yet, but I requested it. I ideally want to choose a diamond that is likely to give off intense colored sparkle with great brilliance. I'll post the IdealScope here when I receive it.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a diamond that is very close to these specs (all numbers the same except my depth is 62.6). The hca is also 1.8 and it falls nearly the same place on the chart. It is a sparkly fireball. I adore it. I did compare it in person to a super ideal and could not see a difference. I am definitely not an expert so I am interested in what more experienced psers say. I know that the only drawback I see in mine is that is spreads about 0.07mm smaller that a super ideal. I am very curious to see your aset and idealscope.

April J

Rough_Rock
Here's the IdealScope. It looks like this one is leaking light. Am I correct? 3117030.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO I think it is leaky under the table.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results