shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Etsy twist band and my wedding set!

jrich

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I have been MIA but our wedding is coming up on May 10th in Tortola and we are so excited!
I want to get a twist band (I think from kyleannmetals on etsy- it seems like everyone likes them?) to wear when I'm not wearing my eternity, and maybe with as well. I am trying to decide if I should get the 1.5 or 2mm. I was thinking the 1.5, since I have the vatch U-113 setting and it is pretty thin, but I want the twist band to feel like a wedding band and not just a stacker. Let me know what you think please!!

Here is an overdue pic of my set that I just took, sorry for the bad quality!
Here are the stats since I haven't posted in awhile:
e-ring: 1.43 K SI2 GIA ex/ex/ex, in the vatche U-113 14k yellow gold setting
eternity ring: U-prong from IDJ with H-I colored stones, between 5 and 6 pointers.

Thanks guys!
Jessica

_3294.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMO, if you want it to feel more 'band like' then I'd go with the 2mm, but do you have that much finger real estate? When I wear certain rings, I don't have a lot of room, so I went for a thin 1.2mm spacer (which is twisted and I bought from DanielM)

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi brings up a good point.

I do like 2mm as a standalone/band size, but if I were stacking/using a spacer 1-1.5mm is best I think. I have really short fingers and it can get tight quick.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
jrich|1359152563|3363671 said:
Hi everyone! I have been MIA but our wedding is coming up on May 10th in Tortola and we are so excited!
I want to get a twist band (I think from kyleannmetals on etsy- it seems like everyone likes them?) to wear when I'm not wearing my eternity, and maybe with as well. I am trying to decide if I should get the 1.5 or 2mm. I was thinking the 1.5, since I have the vatch U-113 setting and it is pretty thin, but I want the twist band to feel like a wedding band and not just a stacker. Let me know what you think please!!

Here is an overdue pic of my set that I just took, sorry for the bad quality!
Here are the stats since I haven't posted in awhile:
e-ring: 1.43 K SI2 GIA ex/ex/ex, in the vatche U-113 14k yellow gold setting
eternity ring: U-prong from IDJ with H-I colored stones, between 5 and 6 pointers.

Thanks guys!
Jessica
I agree w/ the other posters. If you're only going to wear the twist band, w/ your solitaire, IN PLACE OF the eternity band, then 2mm would be great. But you mention that you might wear it WITH the eternity band as well, and I'm not even sure a 1.5mm twist band would fit comfortably as a 3rd ring on your finger (but I don't know).

The only way to know is to go to the jewelers or discount stores and try on different bands w/ different widths and see what you think. You can usually weed out the "losers" really quickly, and since you're only focusing on what width would best fit your needs, it won't take you long to determine what size will work best for you.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
2mm absolutely. I wear a 2mm plain band as a spacer between my ering and diamond band and it's just enough on its own. I think any thinner on it's own and it might not hold up.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey! :wavey: Good to see you back! I'd go for the 1.5mm because I think you'll wear it more between the two rings that as an alternate wedding band. I tried a 2mm ring between my rings and it just didn't look right. But this is one of those things that it would help to try on!!! I think they ought to have some samples in sterling or something so people can try them on before ordering!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
I would get the 1.5mm one because, as others have mentioned, unless you have very long finger, I think 3 2mm rings is too much for one finger.
I have the same twisty band (1.5mm) which I sometimes wear in between my 2mm ering and wedding ring:

img_5167.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd go with the 1.5, but I prefer thinner bands in general.
I just wanted to pop in and say that I have this twist band from Kyleannmetals and I love it! I wear mine with my diamond ring as a wedding set.

emmmme

Shiny_Rock
JuneRose|1359287557|3364747 said:
I would get the 1.5mm one because, as others have mentioned, unless you have very long finger, I think 3 2mm rings is too much for one finger.
I have the same twisty band (1.5mm) which I sometimes wear in between my 2mm ering and wedding ring:

img_5167.jpg

I LOVE how the twist ring looks in between your engagement and wedding rings. I'm going to bookmark this shop and keep it in mind for when it's time to put my band on.

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you emmmme!

Bella432

Rough_Rock
I am debating this exact same question, over the exact same ring right now! Well not the exact ring, it's the same ring style, different seller on etsy. I don't plan to stack mine though, so I was leaning towards 2mm to go with my solitaire (I'll soon have the same solitaire setting as you). My additional question is... white gold to match my ering, or rose gold? Hmm decisions decisions.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tiffany sells one I really want in gold. I want 2mm to about match my w band as well as the fact I want it substantial enough to wear alone

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results