shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Engagement ring

fancyhombre

Rough_Rock
Hello to all.
Im in search of an engagement ring. Long story short; I fell in love with vintage to antique rings. The craftsmanship is amazing and detail is unmatched to modern era. I came across this ring at an estate sale. Its supposedly 18k white gold with diamond around 1/4c. It has carvings along the band and diamond supports. Just wondering if any of you who are familiar with this era can see any red flags as far as authenticity and quality is concerned. The seller wants $450 which is around the price I've been seeing in my search.

God bless

20170909_172145[1].jpg 20170909_172134[1].jpg 20170921_165627[1].jpg 20170921_165601[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20170909_172134[1].jpg
    20170909_172134[1].jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 11

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks authentically vintage. I say this because of the very nice craftsmanship/fine detailing and because the ring looks like it was worn down a little by an adjacent ring, likely a wedding band, at the basket. This is common in authentic old jewelry. I'd guess it is from the 1930s Art Deco period. The sapphires are likely synthetic (typical of the era) and are a pretty color. It is hard to tell what the diamond looks like because it's dirty, but it appears quite white from the photos. It looks like an OEC. Small OECs can have a lot of life to them so hopefully this one is nice. I'd suggest you get a return policy in place, and when you recieve it post clearer photos here. You want to be sure the stone is nicely faceted (hard to tell from the photos) not badly included (not likely in a small original diamond in an antique ring) or damaged cracked chipped etc. (more likely). The price is right around what I would expect from what I can see as antique settings alone can run $400 and up. Good luck with your purchase!

Last edited:

fancyhombre

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your insight. It was very helpful.
It looks authentically vintage. I say this because of the very nice craftsmanship/fine detailing and because the ring looks like it was worn down a little by an adjacent ring, likely a wedding band, at the basket. This is common in authentic old jewelry. I'd guess it is from the 1930s Art Deco period. The sapphires are likely synthetic (typical of the era) and are a pretty color. It is hard to tell what the diamond looks like because it's dirty, but it appears quite white from the photos. It looks like an OEC. Small OECs can have a lot of life to them so hopefully this one is nice. I'd suggest you get a return policy in place, and when you recieve it post clearer photos here. You want to be sure the stone is nicely faceted (hard to tell from the photos) not badly included (not likely in a small original diamond in an antique ring) or damaged cracked chipped etc. (more likely). The price is right around what I would expect from what I can see as antique settings alone can run $400 and up. Good luck with your purchase!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results