shape
carat
color
clarity

help with EGL Diamond, good measurments?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

new2rings

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, i''m new to this and dont really understand all the measurments.
I was given the EGL # for this diamoand that i am intrested in. I went to eglusa.com and copyed the info.
The price that is given on the website as far as the apprasial value is about 60% higher then they price i was given.

Please be honest with this diamond. It looks great to me. what do you think?

Weight 1.51 ct.
Shape ROUND BRILLIANT
Color G
Clarity SI1
Measurements 7.14 - 7.09 x 4.59 mm
Depth 64.5
Table 55.0
Crown 17.1
Pavilion 41.2
Girdle MEDIUM TO SL. THICK FACETED
Polish VERY GOOD
Symmetry VERY GOOD
Fluorescence FAINT BLUE
Culet NONE
Cut Grade
Lot
Comments

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pass; all i needed to see was the 64.5 depth

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
too deep.
38.gif
the diameter is too small. a well cut 1.51ct stone should be closer to 7.50mm.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif
As you have seen the diamond and like it then it could be an option, but the cut quality isn''t good it seems. The diamond is very deep and the Holloway Cut Advisor couldn''t calculate due to this diamond possibly having a very thick girdle. Also as DF says it will look too small for it''s weight, buy a 1.5 carat you want it to look it''s weight. Study up on the tutorials for the best proportions for a well cut diamond then keep looking is my advice and take your time. Appraisal values are always much higher than the price you pay for the diamond, this is usual and doesn''t mean you are getting a higher value diamond at a bargain price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results