shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with deciding based on Ideal scope image.

harikb

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I am looking to buy my wife a diamond ring for our 10th anniversary, and just started to learn about diamonds. This below image is for a 1.5C H VVS2 diamond. HCA score of 1.3 with everything excellent. the GIA specs table 57% depth 61.6% crown 35.5 and pavilion 40.6, symmetry excellent. With my basic knowledge, I am a bit worried about the light leakage with this crown / pavilion angle. I am not an expert to read the image. All your opinion is highly valuable. thanks again for your time.

Attachments

• idealscope.jpg
    idealscope.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 39

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This looks good! I think the diamond might be slightly tilted in the image, but not 100% sure. I think what looks like potential leakage at 2/3/4 o'clock might just be an angle or back-lighting issue.

@Karl_K : did I get this right?

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree there is overly bright back lighting. I'm still concerned with the 2-4 o'clock areas. They are more white than the center of the stone which provides "control" for knowing what is overly bright.

However, if you could remove the effects of the back light, would the 2-4 o'clock areas show up as just slightly pink instead of more whitish? I would anticipate just pinkish indicating the problem is over exaggerated in this IS image, because of the overly bright back lighting.

Bash me @Karl_K :lol:

harikb

Rough_Rock
Thanks lovedogs and sledge for your input and concerns. Since the diamond is still with the vendor, I don't think I can make a 2nd request for a better image. Based on the current information, is it worth purchasing it?. We can also wait for Karl or others to provide some input as you both suggested. I do have 30 days return policy if I don't like it. Thanks again for your valuable input.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree there is overly bright back lighting. I'm still concerned with the 2-4 o'clock areas. They are more white than the center of the stone which provides "control" for knowing what is overly bright.

However, if you could remove the effects of the back light, would the 2-4 o'clock areas show up as just slightly pink instead of more whitish? I would anticipate just pinkish indicating the problem is over exaggerated in this IS image, because of the overly bright back lighting.

Bash me @Karl_K :lol:

The lower halves are asymmetric around the stone - it won't have optimal hearts under a hearts viewer. The places that you see "lighter pink" correspond to places where the halves are ever so slightly steeper.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my opinion the stone is a beautiful non-H&A specimen. Those areas of ever-so-slightly-steeper I mentioned in my last post will not be visible IRL in comparison to the remainder of the stone, no matter how closely you scrutinize, no matter how nitpicky you are.

harikb

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much Yssie for your input.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good job everyone.
The back lighting is a bit bright.
There is a bit of difference in the lowers in the one area that could be a lighter pink with less back lighting. (a bit of twist in the lowers but not a lot)
The overall view in the thread sounds right to me.

harikb

Rough_Rock
thank you very much Karl and everyone. I will check this diamond out in person and will update sometime. Hope the steep 35.5 crown and 40.6 Pavilion works well when looking in person.

thanks again for your valuable time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results