shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with clarity on a diamond bracelet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HuliganRS

Rough_Rock
I''m looking at buying a tennis bracelet for the Mrs. The total carat weight of the bracelet is 3.00ctw.
Color is H/I which is fine but the clarity is I1

Here''s where I need some guidance:

This is not a single stone so should I be as concerned with the clarity?
What can I expect to see on these smaller stones with I1 clarity?

Thank you,

Rusty

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You will likely find them somewhat less brilliant than better claity diamonds and more than likely there will be a couple clouded ones that you can have the seller replace if you catch them right at the time of delivery to you. Look closely before you agree to the deal and be critical when it pays to be critical, the moment of the delvery and purchase. Looks for the evenness of setting all the stones, too. Check to see the clasp works smoothly and securely.

If you are buying the bracelet on line, then as soon as you open the box, check it out. If you seen cloudy or crookedly set stones, or if the clasp malfunctions, call the seller and have them agree to handle the problems. Once you have owned the bracelet for a couple months, few vendors will pay any real attention to complaints.

Keeping I1 diamonds very clean helps them look sparkly. So consider a steamer or ultrasonic as a future gift. These cleaners can make a world of improvment in diamond appearances. Most small diamond bracelets have I1 and lower diamonds in them although quality conscious shoppers probably opt for SI2 and up. The quality conscious shopper is a minority shopper.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI Rusty,
It''s important to remember that the diamonds in a tennis bracelet are not going to have GIA reports.
Many times when a seller calls stones "I1" in this type of circumstance, they are actually far worse.

Have you seen the bracelet in person?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That''s kind of what I was saying, about checking the visual clarity, without making it an ugly accusation of misgrading. But, I agree. I think we ought to protect the honest people of the trade while protecting the consumer. Words count. I1 diamonds in small sizes tend to look reasonably good. Diamonds falling under I1 start to give up a lot in sparkle , transparency and life.

HuliganRS

Rough_Rock
Gotcha!

Sadly, the seller is not a small shop but a large site that sells lower grade diamonds...

I hate to tie up that much money on the credit card just to see what they will send me...

Thanks!

Rusty

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If I might ask Rusty- what''s the price? That might give us a better indication of what you might expect.....

Dave- I agree- it''s important not to paint with too broad a brush.
But the catch all term "I1" is a real flashpoint for this type of thing.....

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
But the catch all term "I1" is a real flashpoint for this type of thing

Absolutely true!

HuliganRS

Rough_Rock
The price is in line with the rest of the wares on their site.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Rusty, I don''t know the site.....and I''d rather not comment on a specific seller''s wares...
If I knew how much the 3carat bracelet was, that would tell us a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results