shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with CAD-- stone layout for gift for my mom please. Need opinions!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! I'm working w Daniel M on a mothers ring/family ring for my mom. Purple spinel for her, blue topaz for dad, ruby for sister, emerald is me. I had him put dads topaz as 2nd stone as it is biggest side stone. And stones are warm- cool-warm- cool.
Originally I planned for the kite set square ruby to be 2nd stone.
I want input as to which layout looks best--- opinions appreciated!

Attachments

• 20210410_083108.jpg
    20210410_083108.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210410_082630.jpg
    20210410_082630.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 10

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My eyes prefer the rounds next to the center. I think it softens the sharp edges of the center stone. It feels more symmetrical to me, but I like symmetry.

Great idea! What a lovely daughter!!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
My eyes prefer the rounds next to the center. I think it softens the sharp edges of the center stone. It feels more symmetrical to me, but I like symmetry.

Great idea! What a lovely daughter!!

Ahhh...I didn't think of that! So you also see sharp edges- rounded- sharp- rounded. I like symmetry too.
Sometimes it's hard to let go of ones first idea... but maybe I should just go with the more symmetrical. The topaz is also 3mm, ruby and emerald are 2 mm. So 5.5mm-3mm-2mm-2mm.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the rounds next to the centre stone.

And what a cool gift this will be!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh...I didn't think of that! So you also see sharp edges- rounded- sharp- rounded. I like symmetry too.
Sometimes it's hard to let go of ones first idea... but maybe I should just go with the more symmetrical. The topaz is also 3mm, ruby and emerald are 2 mm. So 5.5mm-3mm-2mm-2mm.

Exactly. For my (people vary) comfort zone, I would alternate round and sharp edges larger to smaller!

Django74th

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for rounds next to center. It looks more geometrically balanced to my eye.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
I like the rounds next to center! What about turning the center kite set to match the sides?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE I do like the most recent but my favorite is still the center stone in the square orientation but still the rounds next to them. It is such a cool idea of a project and I can't wait to see the final result.

Slightly off topic and sorry to ask this - have you heard from Dan recently? I just finished a project from him and got the rings in the mail today (yay!) but had been communicating with him about another idea and no replies for the past four days...:(sad

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE I do like the most recent but my favorite is still the center stone in the square orientation but still the rounds next to them. It is such a cool idea of a project and I can't wait to see the final result.

Slightly off topic and sorry to ask this - have you heard from Dan recently? I just finished a project from him and got the rings in the mail today (yay!) but had been communicating with him about another idea and no replies for the past four days...:(sad

He's been really slow. This cad was several days past promised day. I think he's really busy and he doesn't really have a helper crew. So I'm patient w him.
Just give him a little poke email :)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
He's been really slow. This cad was several days past promised day. I think he's really busy and he doesn't really have a helper crew. So I'm patient w him.
Just give him a little poke email :)

I think all of the PSers recommendations have given him tons of business haha!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh i like the last version w the center as a kite!
What a lovely gift for your mother

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results