shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with an eternity band choice

Mayacamus

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I just received my re-done E-Ring (see below) and I'm choosing an eternity band. I've always loved the look of the round eternity bands, AND I am considering asscher bands as well.
May I get your opinion on:
Size (big, little, etc...)
Cut type - round, asscher, oval, cushion cuts?
Anything else I need to consider?

Best,
Maya
IMG_9702.jpg

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Round with alternation between diamonds and sapphires.
Asscher will be beautiful. However, I feel you need a total carat of 5ct+ for the asscher bank to work -- otherwise, might as well do RBs. Then, 5ct+ assscher band will be quite a fortune...

Gorgeous ring by the way! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say stick with rounds. You've already got rounds, cushion, and pears. I would not throw in another shape. I would also stay with a fairly thin band (low carat)
and not distract from your ering (just my opinion). Go try some on if you can. Probably hard to find asschers depending on where you live but may
be able to find princess cuts that might give you an idea???

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have a beautiful ring! I vote for rounds, or rounds and sapphires. Either would be lovely.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote is for rounds.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There’s a lot going on with your beautiful ring. My opinion would be an all diamond eternity band with stones exactly the size of your halo.

Mayacamus

Rough_Rock
Dear PS'ers,
Thank you so much for all of your feedback! I am listening and will stick with rounds. I appreciate all of your advice and I will post photos as soon as I receive my band.

Happy holidays everyone,
Maya

Mayacamus

Rough_Rock
IMG_9716.jpg IMG_9709.jpg IMG_9710.jpg Silly question...
Does the eternity band look too big with the ring?

Thank you!
Maya

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, for me it detracts from the engagement ring. I'd probably do a 1 or 2 carat TW eternity band.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s too big. The proportions are wrong. You need something thin & beautiful & understated.

Mayacamus

Rough_Rock
I really appreciate your help--- can you give me an example of "thin and beautiful and understated?"

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_9716.jpg IMG_9709.jpg IMG_9710.jpg Silly question...
Does the eternity band look too big with the ring?

Thank you!
Maya

LOVE that band as a Rhr. I say get the band with diamonds the same size as the halo, as said above! And if you’re going custom... maybe even get t to sit flush?

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
37276B52-87BE-4F56-8012-F47E5B074D4D.png Maybe something a little dainty could work better... it seems a little too big for me. I actually think if you have two thin bands and stack them with the ring, it would look better. These ones from Mark B could be good options. The cross bands really help make the ring stand out as it pushes the ring up your ringer a little more...

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks too much too... could you have a contoured band customised to the line of your engagement ring, which will make the set more cohesive ..?

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'd do a straight bright cut pave band at 2mm with it.

Mayacamus

Rough_Rock
3057-1D28437_230_PLAT.jpg :appl:Thank you for the ideas. What would you all think about a thinner version of this, which is a pear eternity band. This ring is a 2.3 Ct Mark Broumand ring. I really like this idea since it highlights my original engagement stone (one of the side pear diamonds.)
Thank you again,
Maya

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results