shape
carat
color
clarity

help with a tapered baguette setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockscissorpaper

Rough_Rock
Hello! I have been searching far and wide for a stock setting with tapered baguettes. I am specifically looking for the baguettes to be set with prongs instead of the typical bar set baguettes. All of the settings I find by browsing online are bar set!

So, I was wondering if anyone has seen a setting with prong set baguettes. Or, if anyone has any insight into how expensive it would be for someone to custom make a setting with prong set baguettes. I am open to any metal for the setting, since hopefully there won''t be much metal showing anyway.

Thanks for any input! Here is an example of what I''m looking for, with the baguettes set by prongs.

ovaltapered.jpg

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
The Leon Mege custom ring my fiance has is the same idea, the baguettes have two tiny prongs holding them close to the center diamond. It''s made from 95% Platinum alloyed with 5% Ruthenium. Price will vary with ring size, he''s not the cheapest out there but the workmanship is flawless! Leon''s pic doesn''t really show much profile detail, so I''ve attached a pic of the one made for me. My center diamond was 1.01 carat, so he decided single claw prongs would be best, but otherwise it''s the same ring. If you want more pics, the thread is here.

LeonEC3Stone9Glamour.jpg

rockscissorpaper

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful ring!! I love that setting for an emerald! Thanks for the help. I have looked at Leon''s baguette settings and they are amazing.

I will most likely be working with a 2ct oval, but was hoping to keep the setting to around 3K or less, so I''m not sure if Leon would be an option. Although I do love his work!!

Any other help would be appreciated! Has anyone seen Mark at ERD do work like this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results