shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with a diamond $20k budget

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
Background: I am coming to the experts for advice. My dad is thoughtfully upgrading my mom's ring for their upcoming 40th anniversary. She currently has a 1.2ct G,SI1 xxx MBR that's approx 7.2mm in a simple solitaire setting. Her dream has always been a 2 carat "perfect" diamond.

Goals: Hoping you all can help me find the best bang for the buck with a noticeable size increase from her current stone. I'd like to keep the color H+ recognizing that my mom is color sensitive for modern stones or K+ for vintage stones. Looking for Emerald, Round, cushion or old European cut stones. What do you all recommend?

I found this, but wondering if it's too shallow.
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/emerald-cut/1.92-carat-d-color-vvs2-clarity-sku-918026

Thank you all in advance for your time!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone linked below is a super ideal cut round. This stone will sparkle like no tomorrow but it is a bit over budget. You first would probably have to narrow down exactly what shape of stone you think she would really like to have. The stone you posted above is a D, VVS2 clarity which can be costly but some fancy shapes do show color more. There are lots and lots of options and rounds are probably more plentiful than anything. If she wants a well cut beautiful round stone at 2 ct you might consider this (it does go beyond the exact two carat mark though!) https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3634976.htm?source=pricescope

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh go to blue nile and search
ld08953372

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MRB is going to look larger.

Here is a super ideal perfect diamond. Email @Wink for a video
https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD8351

1.8 H VS2
7.80 mm X 7.82mm x 4.82
Credit Price:
$ 20,731
Wire Price:
$ 19,695
5% LESS

Super ideals look larger and whiter because of their precision cuts, so he could even do this I SI2:
https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD8104
2.19 I SI2
8.35 mm x 8.38 mm x 5.16mm
Credit Price:
$ 21,162
Wire Price:
$ 20,104
5% LESS

Put measurements into diamond database to see size differences (google)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep in mind measurements are important. Some stones at 2 carat will look smaller than say a 1.95 if they are too deep, etc.

Oh, I have a crafted by infinity/high performace diamond that is an SI2 and I have not been able to find the inclusions with a 20x loupe

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the quick responses. I really appreciate your help. I am trying to avoid a modern round brilliant because she already has one and she's keeping it. The cushion Niel posted is awesome. I will share it with my dad. Do you think it will be a noticeable size difference to the 7.2mm she currently has? Also. Do you think the inclusion will ge visible as its under the table? Other than that, I love the cut and the color.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being a vs1 I think the clarity is not a concern, but blue mile has a great return policy.

Yes it would be noticeably larger

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the 1.95 OEC from love affair diamonds and the Asscher from diamonds by lauren that @rockysalamander posted!

The emerald cut diamond from JA you listed, are you able to request an ASET for it? There have been quite a few discussions on ECs recently, and shallow depth for fancy cuts may not be a big deal as they may perform well IRL.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vote for @Niel 's cushion (would vote more than once, if constitution allowed !)

Or something from Concepts WWW - if an appropriate 2 carat happens to be available; admitedly, I like all their diamond 'concepts' more than almost anything else.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being a vs1 I think the clarity is not a concern, but blue mile has a great return policy.

Yes it would be noticeably larger

I have a BN asscher VS1 and I can't find the inclusions on a 20x loupe.

Asschers are my very favorite, but dang they do face up smaller...

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the quick responses. I really appreciate your help. I am trying to avoid a modern round brilliant because she already has one and she's keeping it. The cushion Niel posted is awesome. I will share it with my dad. Do you think it will be a noticeable size difference to the 7.2mm she currently has? Also. Do you think the inclusion will ge visible as its under the table? Other than that, I love the cut and the color.

She could always make it a pendant or one of a pair of studs etc. the super ideas just can't be beat for size and edge to edge fire and sparkle. Just throwing that in....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results