shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with .75ct diamond for plat bezel settting

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Three years ago I was on a mission to find the perfect engagement ring for my niece. Because she works with special needs children, she wanted a ring that would not scratch the kids or get caught in their clothing. After much research, I lucked out on Pearlman's closeout page, 50% off. The setting is plat with diamonds and engraving on the sides and rear of the shank. The center stone was a cz but my niece and her fiance decided to wait to purchase the diamond until they could afford it.

It looks like I can find an ideal cut, GHI VS or SI1 diamond anywhere from 2500 to just over 3000 depending on cert. Because of the bezel setting, which specs should be of most concern? Budget comes in because she wants to reset the 11 diamonds in her wedding band. She used a channel set band that her late father gave to her mother so it has sentimental value. I will measure the diamonds this week but because they are a lot larger than the melee in her ering I think it should be a stand alone ring. She's thinking prong set with the shank being on the thicker side and engraved like the ering. I thought another option would be channel set with milgrain and engraving. Because of budget the metal would be David's 14k unplated wg no need for plating.

I will have DK set the new diamond and remake the wedding ring. Should I have him source the .75ct? Has anyone had him source stones?
I've worked with him on many projects so I told my niece and nephew not to worry.

wed_rg_for_eli_0.jpg

img954341.jpg

carmella_s_weddingband.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nonie get the exact measurements of that bezel and the existing stone. Yes, it matters-- the exact diameter of the stone it needs. And it is best if DK is the one who tells you what that is, since his bench will be the one working on it .. We have to get as close to that as possible, and if we can find an exact match it would be best.

Personally, I don't know anyone whose had him source a center stone for them and don't know if he has an IS or not. So I can't answer that.

Nice job on the shopping for them.

Regarding the wedding band. What's her birthstone? It might be nice to do a RHR ring with those stones. So if her birthstone is something hard, you could add in a couple of whatever that is. Like a every other stone a blue or yellow sapphire, ruby, or whatever. Or something like that.

If not, personally, I'd have DK do an orange blossom band for her with the diamonds channel set in bunches in a pattern. Like 3 diamonds, then an orange blossom engraved area, 5 diamonds and an orange blossom then another 3 diamonds then another orange blossom. then the back of the band would be all hand engraving. Or something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191501979432?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT :love: :love: :love:

Or if she prefers more contemporary styles, thin bezels like a Tiffany style jazz/ bubble band would be lovely. like this: http://coolspotters.com/files/photos/238521/tiffany-and-co-jazz-flexible-band-ring-gallery.jpg?1357492884 or https://www.pinterest.com/pin/392939136210362695/

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, thank you for your help. I love the orange blossom wedding band and I think my niece will love it too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results