shape
carat
color
clarity

help with 5 stone band

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hey y'all. I am new around here. I am looking at 5 stone bands to go with my round with tapered baguettes engagement ring. I am struggling with settling on a size for the round diamonds. I have poured over all the threads I can find. So my center stone is 1.5 carats with .2 carat baguettes. I can't get a straight band to sit flush and the 5 stone seems to minimize the very small gap created by the basket and tapering baguettes. My ring size is a 7.5. And that 5 stone band is about a 5.5. So we had to work to get it on there. I know that will also have an impact on how the rings sit once they are sized correctly.

So here is a .75 tcw (15 pointers) on my hand close up.

From arm's distance

a more "real life" perspective (sorry, I don't know how to turn it)

And then my ring with two different bands. I think it's 10 pointers on the left and the 15 pointers on the right.

The lady in the store said she thinks my fingers are long enough that I need the width of the .75 tcw. But I am afraid it overwhelms my 1.5 carat center and looks just a little flashy. But the smaller bands do seem to just disappear on my hand. So I am so torn on what to do. Do I go with the .75 tcw 5 stone? Or do I have them replace the basket with something that will allow a different band to sit flush so I can have more band options? Or if you have other suggestions, I am all ears! Thank you!

photo_1077.jpg

photo_1078.jpg

photo_1079.jpg

photo_1080.jpg

Moondeer61

Rough_Rock
I really like the smaller band with your ring. Your ring is beautiful.

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Moondeer61|1421509870|3818013 said:
I really like the smaller band with your ring. Your ring is beautiful.

Thank you! I agree that the smaller band looks better OFF my finger. But when I put it on, it feels so small and like it almost disappears.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to bump this for you :angel: and say I like the thinner band so as not to thwart your center stone. I do like the way the five stone sits flush though. Tough choice. Either will look beautiful with your ering! :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the bigger!

kellydean

Rough_Rock
I like the flush fitting one better too, but they are both really pretty and I LOVE your erring!!!!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I love the larger 15 pointers

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do the 10-pointers compare to the larger stones in terms of color, clarity, and caliber of cut? If the stones in the thinner band (which I like better because it lets your lovely e-ring hold center stage) are lower, perhaps that's more the reason it isn't grabbing your eye as much?

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
MollyMalone|1421547974|3818269 said:
How do the 10-pointers compare to the larger stones in terms of color, clarity, and caliber of cut? If the stones in the thinner band (which I like better because it lets your lovely e-ring hold center stage) are lower, perhaps that's more the reason it isn't grabbing your eye as much?
You know, honestly, I don't know. I was just looking at them and not asking questions about those things. I guess I should. I am really starting to prefer the smaller stones as I look at the pictures. So maybe I need to find something with7-10 pointers?

And maybe I should also explore the idea of a 4 prong head instead of the basket. That way the smaller stones would fit closer.

Thank you everyone for responding. It is interesting to me that it really is half and half. Shows that it really does just come down to personal preference.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
If you are only considering a five stone mrb band I would go with the smaller one. If you're still open to other options I would choose a band as close as possible to this look: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bezel-baguette-band-by-cvb.207444/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bezel-baguette-band-by-cvb.207444/[/URL]

To me the five stone larger mrb ring clashes with the baguettes in your setting. I have three rings with side baguettes very similar to your ering setting & wear all of them with an e-w step cut band. I absolutely love your engagement ring, just gorgeous!!!

It would look very elegant and classy with your ring :love:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a MRB band, take a look at the 5- or 7-stone rings from Whiteflash that are set with their A Cut Above diamonds and the Signature Cut ones from Brian Gavin. Those will be very well cut diamonds, F-G in color, and of VS clarity in quality mountings. You could also inquire as to a custom band; they both offer that possibility.

Here's CvB's etsy page where you can see some of her baguette bands (don't know what your budget might be; seems her prices are now notably higher, generally speaking, than a year ago):
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CVBinspiredDesign?ref=pr_shop_more

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I like the smaller one as well.

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
woofmama|1421557021|3818314 said:
If you are only considering a five stone mrb band I would go with the smaller one. If you're still open to other options I would choose a band as close as possible to this look: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bezel-baguette-band-by-cvb.207444/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bezel-baguette-band-by-cvb.207444/[/URL]

To me the five stone larger mrb ring clashes with the baguettes in your setting. I have three rings with side baguettes very similar to your ering setting & wear all of them with an e-w step cut band. I absolutely love your engagement ring, just gorgeous!!!

It would look very elegant and classy with your ring :love:

I would honestly prefer something with step cut stones. But I haven't found anything that I feel like looks good. But I have had difficulty finding anything in a store to try on. It seems baguettes aren't really in favor right now. I tried on one baguette and round band but it was too thin and I felt like it just didn't go. But it could have been the setting. Not the ring itself.

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
MollyMalone|1421561096|3818325 said:
For a MRB band, take a look at the 5- or 7-stone rings from Whiteflash that are set with their A Cut Above diamonds and the Signature Cut ones from Brian Gavin. Those will be very well cut diamonds, F-G in color, and of VS clarity in quality mountings. You could also inquire as to a custom band; they both offer that possibility.

Here's CvB's etsy page where you can see some of her baguette bands (don't know what your budget might be; seems her prices are now notably higher, generally speaking, than a year ago):
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CVBinspiredDesign?ref=pr_shop_more

I am considering one from WF. I was just trying on in store to try to get an idea of what size would look best on my finger next to my ring. Thank you for that link. Her work is gorgeous, but may be just a little outside of my budget. I am really trying to stay under $2000.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a fan of die-struck rings & Whie House Brothers is 1 of the very few USA firms that still employ that process. Is there an authorized WHB retailer in your area where you could see in-person some of their rings? (There's a Find A Retailer search function on their web site.)

That Blue Nile band looks to have typical mall jewelry store diamonds: BN says the stones, on average, are I in color, SI2 in clarity. Given the low price & BN's easy, 30-day return policy, it wouldn't be a big deal to order it to see what you think of it.. I personally have reservations about BN's micro-pave work itself, but perhaps my skepticism is unwarranted.

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
MollyMalone|1421597886|3818435 said:
I'm a fan of die-struck rings & Whie House Brothers is 1 of the very few USA firms that still employ that process. Is there an authorized WHB retailer in your area where you could see in-person some of their rings? (There's a Find A Retailer search function on their web site.)

That Blue Nile band looks to have typical mall jewelry store diamonds: BN says the stones, on average, are I in color, SI2 in clarity. Given the low price & BN's easy, 30-day return policy, it wouldn't be a big deal to order it to see what you think of it.. I personally have reservations about BN's micro-pave work itself, but perhaps my skepticism is unwarranted.

There's a retailer about an hour or so away. Which isn't a HUGE deal. I may call them and see if they have that band in stock for me to see. I would honestly only buy the BN ring to try and then buy better quality somewhere else. But I would like to wear a band that FITS for more than just a minute in a store. Thank you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have something very similar to yours and had the hardest time
finding a wedding band that I liked. I didnt want the matching baguette band and opted to go with a 5 stone to get a little more
bling (.86 I think). I also like the 10 pointers with your ring. If
you dont get an eternity and go with a 5 stone or something where the stones only go across the top of the ring, the key to
balance (IMO) is having the stones on the wedding band
match up where your baguettes start and stop on your engagement ring.

Thats kind of hard to explain but if you look at my avatar you can
see how my round stones on my 5 stone start where the baguette start on one side of the ring and stop where the baguette ends on the other side of the ring.

The other issue I had was getting a wedding band that was at the right height relative to my engagement ring. Lets just say I had to try on a lot of bands before I found one that worked. The other thing I like about my wedding band is that it's substantial enough to wear by itself which I do a lot.

Edit ...my pear is 1.08, 8x6

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1421626972|3818620 said:
I have something very similar to yours and had the hardest time
finding a wedding band that I liked. I didnt want the matching baguette band and opted to go with a 5 stone to get a little more
bling (.86 I think). I also like the 10 pointers with your ring. If
you dont get an eternity and go with a 5 stone or something where the stones only go across the top of the ring, the key to
balance (IMO) is having the stones on the wedding band
match up where your baguettes start and stop on your engagement ring.

Thats kind of hard to explain but if you look at my avatar you can
see how my round stones on my 5 stone start where the baguette start on one side of the ring and stop where the baguette ends on the other side of the ring.

The other issue I had was getting a wedding band that was at the right height relative to my engagement ring. Lets just say I had to try on a lot of bands before I found one that worked. The other thing I like about my wedding band is that it's substantial enough to wear by itself which I do a lot.

Edit ...my pear is 1.08, 8x6

I want something that looks substantial enough on its own because I do want to wear it alone sometimes. I am starting to think a 5 stone with 10 pointers is the answer for me. But I TOTALLY agree that the key to balance is having the diamonds on the band start and stop in the same position as the baguettes. Otherwise, it looks off balance to me. And the right profile is hard to find. I feel like I have tried on a lot and I am starting to get frustrated and buying online isn't really an option unless the return policy is fantastic! Thanks so much for your help!

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am still searching......the jeweler I am working with is getting in some bands with baguettes for me to try as well. Because no stores seem to carry baguettes these days. :confused:

I feel like this one may be just a little too small. It's .07 stones - 7 stones .5 tcw. Any thoughts?

And this is the same .75 tcw 5 stone from up top. Just on a finger that it actually fits. Her fingers are much shorter than mine. But I think it may be just a touch too big? But I am afraid that a 5 stone at .5 carat won't give me much finger coverage when I wear it alone.

they are getting in a .75 7 stone which may be my sweet spot? And one that has alternating rounds and baguettes. And I think one that is all channel set baguettes for me to try on.

anyone have any thoughts on these proportions? Or any other bright ideas for bands? I want the band to be at least 2.5mm wide, but I would prefer 3mm. And I am totally fine with more metal than stones.

7_stone_half_carat.jpg

5_stone_three_quarter_carat.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5 stone .20ct each.. :wink2:

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I like the bigger one but I would make it 7 stone! :appl:

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1423013667|3826924 said:
5 stone .20ct each.. :wink2:

The one I looked at was way out of my budget. The salesgirl actually liked it best, but I thought it was too much.

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
BlingObsession|1423017974|3826963 said:
I like the bigger one but I would make it 7 stone! :appl:

y'all are serious enablers! :naughty:

I was looking at 5 stones because I liked the symmetry of starting and stopping at the same point as the baguettes. But when worn alone, I think I may prefer the look of the 7 stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results