shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with >2ct Pear Stone

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
I am looking for a budget friendly 2ct Pear around 2k-2.3k. Do these options look OK? I don't know what to look for specifically for pears. This is not for an ER but would still like a shiny blingy budget stone to make into a right hand ring.

Here are the 2 options I have found online. I like the 1.6ish ratio (slightly more slender less chunky pear).

2.07 from Ritani

2.43 from Clean Origin

Any help is much appreciated.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
I would usually not go any lower on color than a G; as pear shapes show color more than some other shapes. Also the good news is that pear diamonds hide inclusions well so you can most likely find a good SI1 or VS2 and find a higher color 2c.

I love pear shapes.
The H color is not showing any tint at that angle so it may look very white face up.
I like the small table on the H VS2. And that is a really good price on a 2.43c with that color and clarity. Ask the vendor for an ASET image. And post that too. I couldn't bring up the GIA report. Do you have the cert.#

That 2.07 J has a really large bow tie. I would not choose that stone.

If I were you I would put that 2.43 H VS2 on hold so no one else buys it. That is a great price for that size pear and the facets on the bow tie turn off and on nicely so I don't think it will be a bad bow tie at all...it's just hard to tell when in the video they show it at that angle.

Last edited:

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
I would usually not go any lower on color than a G; as pear shapes show color more than some other shapes. Also the good news is that pear diamonds hide inclusions well so you can most likely find a good SI1 or VS2 and find a higher color 2c.

I love pear shapes.
The H color is not showing any tint at that angle so it may look very white face up.
I like the small table on the H VS2. And that is a really good price on a 2.43c with that color and clarity. Ask the vendor for an ASET image. And post that too. I couldn't bring up the GIA report. Do you have the cert.#

That 2.07 J has a really large bow tie. I would not choose that stone.

If I were you I would put that 2.43 H VS2 on hold so no one else buys it. That is a great price for that size pear and the facets on the bow tie turn off and on nicely so I don't think it will be a bad bow tie at all...it's just hard to tell when in the video they show it at that angle.

Thank you! I am new to the world of pears.

I’m wondering if CleanOrigin provides aset images. I’m not afraid to ask!
I have one more that I’ve saved from them it’s also a 2.07 stone. What are your thoughts on this one compared to the 2.43?
2.07 Clean Origin

Here is the GIA report 2.43

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
The VERY best deal is this 2.22 I VVS2 for $1850!!! Faces up nice and large because of its 60% depth.

The 2.07 I looks fine in the video but you would need to see it IRL to determine if it has a bad bow tie or not.

You better put this one on hold at that price while you check it out. Did you ask if they can get the ASET image?

On the H 2.43 I need you to post the GIA cert. Number as the link doesn't work for me. I really like the small table 56% as that usually produces an high crown. But GIA does not list the crown % on their reports. I just wanted to see the facet pattern on that 2.43 pear.

The video on the 2.22 I is not coming up for me so I can't comment on how it looks performance wise.

Last edited:

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
The VERY best deal is this 2.22 I VVS2 for $1850!!! Faces up nice and large because of its 60% depth.

The 2.07 I looks fine in the video but you would need to see it IRL to determine if it has a bad bow tie or not.

You better put this one on hold at that price while you check it out. Did you ask if they can get the ASET image?

On the H 2.43 I need you to post the GIA cert. Number as the link doesn't work for me. I really like the small table 56% as that usually produces an high crown. But GIA does not list the crown % on their reports. I just wanted to see the facet pattern on that 2.43 pear.

The video on the 2.22 I is not coming up for me so I can't comment on how it looks performance wise.
@ariel144 , yeah the website is a bit clunky. I got stuck in an endless loop trying to prove I am not a robot getting this GIA report number: GIA 2376818852

I am unable to view the video of the 2.22 I VVS2. Support says there is something wrong with the link. They also said they are unable to provide ASET images of stones :(

Last edited:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Neither could I view the video on the 2.22, so I would put it on hold and ask for the video and the ASET from the original vendor. What an excellent price! Putting it on hold does not lock you into purchasing it...it simply prevents anyone else from snapping it up while you are checking it out.

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
Neither could I view the video on the 2.22, so I would put it on hold and ask for the video and the ASET from the original vendor. What an excellent price! Putting it on hold does not lock you into purchasing it...it simply prevents anyone else from snapping it up while you are checking it out.

They're unable to provide ASET images for stones :( unfortunately.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Finally could access the GIA cert on the 2.43....just as I was hoping for...this stone has the "FAT" star faceting that is nice on a pear diamond. I don't think it makes that much difference on how it performs but it comes closer to the faceting on antique cut pears which I personally love, along with a small table and high crown of an old cut pear diamond.

But for the price on that 2.22 I would purchase that one as long as it doesn't have a bad bow tie. Have Clean Origin ask the supplier if the 2.22 has a bad bow tie.

Can they get that video?

The perfect scenario would be to see these two stones side by side and see which one you like the best. Would be nice if both came from the same supplier and they could give you their opinion on which one performed the best.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
If you don't like the 2.22 in person you can always return it.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
I would also ask what color the tint is on that 2.22 as the grading report does not specify if it is CVD or HPHT type LGD. The report is from 2020 and the price is low so you would want to know the color of tint on an I color stone.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
You can purchase an ASET scope www.datlas.com and check your own diamond:
www.datlas.com

You can see a "cherry picked pear" at Distinctive Gem
Notice the small 56.5% table on this one:

Video on a 1.57c pear:

You can watch YT videos on what makes a nice pear shaped diamond. They do not show crown and pavilion angles on pear shaped certs.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results