Help! Which would you chose?

Option 1 or Option 2?

• Option 1

• Option 2

Results are only viewable after voting.

24carrots

Rough_Rock
Hello RockyTalky,

Newbie here trying to learn as much as I can from this site and the community. Based on the scope diagrams (very similar size, color, clarity)

1) How would you compare these two profiles? Option 2 looks like different coloration in the ideal scope, but I'm not sure if that's just a difference in measurement equipment instead of difference in the stone.
2) Should I be worried about the white V's (btwn the arrows) and M's (at the perimeter) as indications of leakage in Option 1? What about the green inner ring in the ASET?

Thank you so much in advance. This seems like a very positive and helpful community.

Option 1 (with ASET):
d_option1.jpg d_option1_aset.PNG

Option 2 (could not obtain ASET):
d_option2.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are the other stats?

Without more info, option 1 looks better, but we need more info.

24carrots

Rough_Rock
Ah good point. Thank you for feedback. They happen to be the same with the other stats (i.e. approx 1 carat H VS1). It seems like the cut was the only discernible difference from data.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah good point. Thank you for feedback. They happen to be the same with the other stats (i.e. approx 1 carat H VS1). It seems like the cut was the only discernible difference from data.

We still need more info about proportions (table, depth, crown, pav, etc).

24carrots

Rough_Rock
Thank you again for the feedback

Option 1:
DEPTH %: 62.00
TABLE %: 54.50
CROWN ∠: 34.50
PAVILION ∠: 40.80

Option 2:
DEPTH %: 61.30
TABLE %: 55.00
CROWN ∠: 33.00
PAVILION ∠: 41.00

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
Option 1. Great proportions! ASET is excellent also.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
option 1, no question.

24carrots

Rough_Rock
Just for my knowledge, what were the key factors in the comparison? Seems like it was based on the dimensions? Is that weird green ring (in the aset) or the white V's (ideal scope) something I should be worried about?

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Option 1 has fantastic proportions. Small table will produce lots of fire. A 34.5 crown paired with a 40.8 pavilion is gorgeous, and my personal favorite. Additionally this stone has a computer generated ASET image which is what you grabbed off the cert that also indirectly tells me it's AGS certified and judging by how perfect the computer ASET is it is also has an ideal cut, probably AGS000 stone, which isn't surprising with the other aforementioned proportions.

Both idealscope images look like over saturated backlighting; however, it appears there may be leakage around the 2-3 o'clock positions on Option 2 stone.

This isn't surprising as the 33/41 angle combo doesn't work well with the other proportions. Also a lack of ASET tells me this stone is likely GIA certified, which more times than not isn't as well cut as AGS certified stones. Yes, great GIA stones exist with similar proportions to option 1 but they aren't an easy find.

IMO option 2 is a firm no. But I'd reserve option 1 stone ASAP! Afterwards provide us a link to finish reviewing in more depth.

McGinnis

Shiny_Rock
Premium
One is beautiful!

Yang Kin

Rough_Rock
Trade
Option 1. The arrows are fatter too. :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 looks good, smaller table + a steeper crown.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Option 1 has fantastic proportions. Small table will produce lots of fire. A 34.5 crown paired with a 40.8 pavilion is gorgeous, and my personal favorite. Additionally this stone has a computer generated ASET image which is what you grabbed off the cert that also indirectly tells me it's AGS certified and judging by how perfect the computer ASET is it is also has an ideal cut, probably AGS000 stone, which isn't surprising with the other aforementioned proportions.

Both idealscope images look like over saturated backlighting; however, it appears there may be leakage around the 2-3 o'clock positions on Option 2 stone.

This isn't surprising as the 33/41 angle combo doesn't work well with the other proportions. Also a lack of ASET tells me this stone is likely GIA certified, which more times than not isn't as well cut as AGS certified stones. Yes, great GIA stones exist with similar proportions to option 1 but they aren't an easy find.

IMO option 2 is a firm no. But I'd reserve option 1 stone ASAP! Afterwards provide us a link to finish reviewing in more depth.

I honestly can't believe that I actually followed and understood most of this. How far I've come in just 3 months! I went over my data limit this month for the first time ever, and when I checked it was all from the chrome browser. Aka Pricescope. :oops::lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You had me at small table. Firecracker! (#1)

cheers--Sharon

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, #1...has my favorite combo of numbers...need I say more???

24carrots

Rough_Rock
I just want to thank everyone for the replies. It seems I wasn't able to move quite fast enough on option 1, but more importantly, I'm glad to have learned from you all (preferred crown/pavilion, small table, ideal scope leakage, etc.) and to have access to this great community!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results