shape
carat
color
clarity

help!!!!which one would u like to get??pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

evilin

Rough_Rock
I cant decide which is the most beauliful. I dont know how they look in real so if u have any of them i will be realy appreciate if u can add pics. I also would like to ask if u got better ideas than me. if theres any, which one for sure u would like to get ? please give me y best and the worst type. Thanks
9.gif

rererererere1233.JPG

evilin

Rough_Rock
q

xoxsdsfd.JPG

E B

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! What a selection!

My favorite is the second ring from the second group (the three-stone ring).

The three stone ring with the diamond prongs (second row from the first batch, third ring from the left) looks interesting too, but I'd have to see another view.

The fourth ring from second batch, the three-stone Scott Kay, is also very pretty.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Evilin:

You have posted the same (or very similar) question in four different areas of this forum. It might be best to just start one thread for a question, and you may get a more focussed response.

In this case, I''d think the Rocky Talk section would be the most appropriate.

LS

evilin

Rough_Rock
just in 3 of them:razz:

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 8:32:47 PM
Author: LostSapphire
Evilin:

You have posted the same (or very similar) question in four different areas of this forum. It might be best to just start one thread for a question, and you may get a more focussed response.

In this case, I''d think the Rocky Talk section would be the most appropriate.

LS
Exactly - I thought I was going crazy because I just posted a response with several different questions for him to answer and I didn''t see my post here - thought I was going out of my mind!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
None of them are really my style but I''d prefer the first Gelin Albaci from the first group, or one of the last three stone rings from the first group. The other rings with the clusters of diamonds on each side are a bit dated to me.

Also, what is the size of the diamond you want to set? Some settings only look good with large stones, some better with smaller stones.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Well, I can tell you MY favorite. It''s the 3-stone with the purplish looking surprise stone, the one on the right side of the bottom row on your first post.

But I can''t say what HER preference would be! (I saw from your other post that you''re the guy and want it to be a surprise). These are all VERY different styles. Could you have a friend go shopping with her and hit some jewelry stores at the mall to get an idea of what her style is?

evilin

Rough_Rock
thats ok:) if u dont like mine types i would like to see y favs . Pics r very welcome
21.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
evilin, what's your budget?

I commented on your other thread but I really think you should propose with a stone in a temp setting and then let her pick out her own permanant setting.

evilin

Rough_Rock
this is good idea thx!!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
They are all pretty except for the second to last one in the second group. If you want a set with a wedding band, I like the 4th one in the first group.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 10:50:59 PM
Author: mrssalvo
evilin, what''s your budget?

I commented on your other thread but I really think you should propose with a stone in a temp setting and then let her pick out her own permanant setting.
ditto - my first thought was there are so many different styles, I really think you need to narrow it down by talking to your girl (or her sisters, friend etc).
But Mrs suggestion of a temp setting will work for you I think.

evilin

Rough_Rock
my budget is only 2-3 k

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
With a budget of 2-3 thousand, you would be better off without any of the elaborate settings in your photos. Get a simple tiffany style solitaire setting in WG (or YG with WG/plat prongs) and put most of your budget into one special diamond. I would suggest round unless she specifically prefers another shape. RBs face up larger, and you can go lower in color/clarity in order to maximize cut and carat. The ring will be classy and elegant, as well as a classic -- you won''t go wrong with that!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I like the third one from the second group... The three stone with the pave on the band.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I like the second ring from the second group best of that selection.

Have you considered going to try on rings? All those rings are very different styles, and will probably look very different on your hand

AndyMN

Rough_Rock
Trade
If it''s a tension setting that you''d like, I can tell you that Gelin & Abaci does it the best!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, a lot of these settings ALONE would run $2-3k or more. I think your best bet is a simple Tiffany-style setting, and she can choose her own more ornate wedding band or get a re-set when the two of you have the money.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I read this in the SMTR section, but I think there is some confusion at to whether you mean your setting budget is $2-3K or the total ring. From what you have said, I am going to infer that you mean the entire budget, in which case I will just repeat what many others have said in that the settings alone in many of these cases are close to that. I know you said you checked and that they are within your budget, but, and again I''m inferring, I think you might be a little confused since you seem new at this. Many times websites post pictures of settings with a center diamond and give the price, but the price does NOT include the center diamond, it is just there "for show". I think this might be the case for some of the pictures you posted.

I think I agree with the others, I would get a nice rock and put it in a simple setting and then let her be a part of the shopping experience after you propose :)

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
#1 is my choice, but i know the Gelin Abacci setting alone would take up your entire budget. I agree with the others, get the nicest stone you can with your budget and shop for settings later.

evilin

Rough_Rock
thank u very much girls, im changing my mind and im gonna find diamond first, not setting. I took a look on pics here and i really like jubilee and radiant shape with tiny diamond band. What u think about it? U r right, probably i didnt read prices correctly.
19.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you looked at the under 1 carat thread? There are a lot of pretty rings and you could get an idea of what some of the more ornate rings look like in real life.

Herfnerd

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/3/2008 7:27:16 AM
Author: evilin
thank u very much girls, im changing my mind and im gonna find diamond first, not setting. I took a look on pics here and i really like jubilee and radiant shape with tiny diamond band. What u think about it? U r right, probably i didnt read prices correctly.
19.gif

Wow......is it just me or is it sorta like putting the cart before the horse????

evilin

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I checked only The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy. Where can i find this topic?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results