shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! Which gown should i take??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

layla*konijntje

Rough_Rock
My wedding is in early July, but yet i still haven''t made the decision on my wedding dress. Currently i have 3 dresses in mind, all from Maggie Sottero.

-- Chardonnay http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=S5261
my best male friend''s words " very Cinderella-like " and i agree. the fabric looks very light and suitable for a summer wedding. but somehow it is not the dress that i pictured myself in. I always wanted a mermaid dress.

-- Destiny http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?page=2&style=S5260
when i first saw it online, i thought OMG this is it. sexy, as i can show my curvs (which my fiance likes) and the fishtail layers and the flowers are just so romantic. But my worry is that i may look too sophisticated (i''m 21 this year).

-- VSM7084SW http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?style=VSM7084SW
I have tried something looks like this in a store, and I just look so pretty, " like the Jean Paul Gaultier fragrance bottle ". But i find this dress a little boring, not as flattering as Destiny.

I am a Chinese, 171 cm and 64kg. long dark hair. please please gimme some opinions on the dresses!
26.gif

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
What is your venue? I personally like the second dress the best, but of course the venue might influence the decision.

layla*konijntje

Rough_Rock
Hi, thank you for your reply. the wedding is going to take place in a church, not the traditional looking church. the church has 2 sides glass wall. I like the second one as well, but just afraid that i''ll look much more mature than i really am.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think Destiny is fun and beautiful! I don''t think it looks too "old"

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Destiny is definitely my favorite. It makes more of a statement than the last one. The Chardonnay is pretty, but a very different look from the other two. It''s a lot of dress. What do you mean that the Destiny will make you look more mature than you are? Wouldn''t you rather look like a mature young women on your wedding day than a young girl? I definitely don''t think it looks matronly if that is what you''re worried about. Try them on and see what you think.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
#2 gets my vote! #1 does not appeal to me and #3 is nice but not as nice as #2!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I love the second one, but I''m biased for ruffles.
30.gif

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
I really love the Destiny, but think that the Chardonnay is a beautiful dress as well. I''m not a fan of the third dress...

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the Destiny!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOO romantic!!!!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Destiny''s my favorite, followed by Chardonnay. I think you have to balance possibly looking too old v. possibly looking too young. I think the Destiny will make you look sophisticated but not OLD, you know?
1.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2010 5:49:07 PM
Author: sunnyd
I love the second one, but I''m biased for ruffles.
30.gif
+ 1
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the Chardonay. I''m not a "Cinderella" bridal gown person but this one is just beautiful and I think it will date less than the other two. I think it''s spectacular.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
My pick is the Destiny out of the 3. I don''t want to make the decision more difficult than it is but have you looked at Pronovias and Enzoani. They have styles that seem to match what you are looking for. The quality of their material and workmanship is a lot better too (at least in my opinion). The pronovias line from this year might not be as ideal - they are mostly satin - but their previous years had a lot of lace and tulle. I also love the Aire Barcelona designs but a bridal salon told me they ordered it and the quality was sub-par so they stopped carrying them.

Some gowns that come to mind are listed below. They might
Pronovias Duesto (this is from 2008 so you will have to find a used one)
Pronovias Macao
Enzoani Eva (I love this dress)
Enzoani Elle
Enzonani Brazil
Enzoani Blue Champagne
Enzoani Blue Beloxi
Allure C157C

duckieluvzu

Rough_Rock
Another vote for Destiny! I love how it''s so sexy, classy and stylish :)

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Chardonnay is beautiful but has more of that "ball gown" look.
Perfect for some but not what you have in mind.

Destiny is my choice for the young WOMAN you will be on that day.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the second one as well, the other two are nice, but #2 is really unique and memorable! It really does depend on what they look like ON YOU though...

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I like option 2 then option 1.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
My favorite is the Chardonnay. But, it sounds like your preference is the Destiny -- I think you should go with your gut feeling!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
I love #2, and if you like it the best, you should wear it. It''s your wedding; wear what you love :)

layla*konijntje

Rough_Rock
Thank you!!
Thank you all!!!

I have finally made up my mind. I''ll go for Destiny !!
36.gif

Really can''t wait to see it and try it on (i called the local store and they don''t have it, so i can''t try it. BUT i have tried something similar)

Thank you all again for your advise!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
If I were you, I would find another store (even if you have to travel a bit) that has the dress and try it on before you make your mind up. It''s a big investment for one of the most important days of your life, and the dresses never look the same on models as they do on real people, even if it looks similar to something you''ve tried. But I do like that dress the best of the three.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 8:08:37 AM
Author: monkeyprincess
If I were you, I would find another store (even if you have to travel a bit) that has the dress and try it on before you make your mind up. It''s a big investment for one of the most important days of your life, and the dresses never look the same on models as they do on real people, even if it looks similar to something you''ve tried. But I do like that dress the best of the three.
+1

I''m so glad you picked the one that you liked from the beginning. But please, do go and try it on before buying it since you never know how it''s really gonna look on you in person!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Since you really love the mermaid silhouette, then you should go with the Destiny. I''m sure that it will look beautiful on you.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 8:51:35 AM
Author: Luckyeshe

Date: 2/19/2010 8:08:37 AM
Author: monkeyprincess
+1

I''m so glad you picked the one that you liked from the beginning. But please, do go and try it on before buying it since you never know how it''s really gonna look on you in person!
+2

I couldn''t say which of these dresses look good on you since you''re not in it. Sorry!
40.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#2!!!

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
My vote is for the Destiny one. Very beautiful, and I actually think with the ruffles it looks quite youthful and playful, and the fitted torso makes it elegant and sexy. Can''t go wrong :)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chardonnay and Destiny are both incredible! You can''t go wrong with either one in my opinion.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I love the second one! Esp if your hair is done sort of soft, not a severe updo, I think it will totally look appropriate and sexy:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results