shape
carat
color
clarity

Help - where to buy next stone

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
I feel like I am becoming paralyzed trying to figure out purchasing an upgrade for my current diamond. My budget is ~$25k and I could either trade in my current Whiteflash ACA for another stone or purchase a new shape and keep my current round. I want 3 carats, or close to it, if possible, and like sparkle so looking at rounds, ovals, radiants (briefly considered crisscut but not sure it’ll have enough sparkle for me).

To get the best bang for my buck, should I continue focusing online or I am going to New York in May, so I could make
Appointments there.

Would love some advice! Thanks so mich

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have any sentimental attachment to your current stone? Your budget will go a lot further if you traded it in for an upgrade!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want sparkle you need to go compare different shapes (in different lighting situations) with your round. Nothing really sparkles
like a round. You just need to make sure the sparkles on these other shapes will scratch your itch. How big is your current stone?
You have an awesome budget. Wondering if you can upgrade your ACA to a 3 carat and have enough left over money to try a
(smaller) different shape. Ovals face up larger for their carat weight so that may be an option. That way you have sparkle with
the round and variety with an oval.

Last edited:

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
Current stone is 1.3 carats - about 11k trade in value. I love the idea of an oval because of the large face up coverage! White flash had. 2.2 carat one that I could have used to trade up but unfortunately I wanted bigger and that was the only one they had in stock. Is going to New York going to help me get a better value or should I stick with online vendors?

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
Do you have any sentimental attachment to your current stone? Your budget will go a lot further if you traded it in for an upgrade!

Not too much attachment but I do like the idea of keeping it and having two beautiful diamonds, lol!!

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
I have been on my phone looking at pics of 3 carat ACAs on this forum and I think I just need to upgrade what I have - I am drooling over their beauty! Now to decide if I want to fly down to Texas to see the stones in person or buy online!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been on my phone looking at pics of 3 carat ACAs on this forum and I think I just need to upgrade what I have - I am drooling over their beauty! Now to decide if I want to fly down to Texas to see the stones in person or buy online!

Yes they are drool worthy. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results