shape
carat
color
clarity

Help? What wedding band with 3 stone trellis?

MLT

Rough_Rock
Hi! I have a BG 3 stone platinum trellis engagement ring and am not sure what I'm going to get yet for my wedding band. Right now I'm leaning towards a 5 stone in either the BG Trellis II setting or maybe just a U prong setting. Maybe .75 -1 ctw? I talked to a jeweler locally who thought that the trellis might be too bulky and make the rings sit pretty far apart. Thoughts?

Does anyone have any pics of a 3 stone engagement ring with a 5 stone wedding band they could share?

My engagement ring pics are below. I've had it for over a year and haven't polished it so the platinum is showing some wear already. He did an amazing job and I LOVE it!!!
Stats: 2 ctw: .5ct, 1ct, .5ct. All are Ideal cut, VS2, and I color.

2014-02-25_11.jpg

2014-02-25_1.jpg

2014-02-25_2.jpg

2014-02-25_3.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my I love your ring & setting!

I agree w/ Neil, I'd prefer a thinner band-- how large of a stone are you thinking for your 5 stone?

I chose a WF Harmony band with .02 melee, it will ship as soon as they are finished with my 3 stone (my ering re-set, also a Trellis!).

I'll post pics as soon as it gets here, thinking we are still about 2-3 weeks out yet.

Good luck with your decision!
sarahb

mjg

Rough_Rock
I think pairing a 5 stone ring with your beautiful engagement ring would look very bulky and overpower it. I prefer a more elegant look with a thinner diamond band, probably pave. Have you tried any on? That's probably your best bet to see what looks good!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others that a 5-stone would compete to much.
Your gorgeous ring will look stunning with a small plain platinum band or with a platinum engraved band.

This is the 5 stone trellis (Yssie: is this yours?) of a PSer with an engraved band. Combined with your 3 stone, the look will be equally beautiful.

_15304.jpg

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I think a thin eternity or engraved band would still make sure your 3-stone ring is the main attraction.

MsBris

Rough_Rock
Lovely ring.

I agree that it would be complimented well by a more simple, even engraved, band. I also think a 1.5-2mm stacker of colored stones would be nice (maybe the birthstone of his? yours? or of the month that you marry?)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id go with a 2mm fishtail pave band or a thin plain band actually.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I think an engraved band would be beautiful! I used to wear this combo a lot (yes, I'm in my shower because oddly enough, it gets the best light on a snowy dreary day like today). I also turned my wedding around to see what a thin plain band would look like.

Beautiful ring!

_15330.jpg

_15331.jpg

_15332.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for a plain band. I think it's going to make your three stone really POP. I like the sleekness of your trellis, I think a band with too much bling factor would compete, not complement.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire - your ring is gorgeous with those sets!

MLT - I agree with the others that a thin band, whether polished platinum, melee, engraved…, would all be beautiful with your e-ring - it is very beautiful, and if I had a three stone e-ring like yours, I would opt for Logan Sapphire's set as inspiration - your e-ring will be so nicely set off with a thin band, and your set will be just stunning!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to have a 3 stone ring--I routinely stacked it w/ 2 micropave bands that were 1.9mm each in width.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I like a thin plain band most that would compliment the shape of the shank on your ring. To me, a five stone ring is best as a stand alone wedding band.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too like a plain wedding band with a three stone. Plus I like to have the option of wearing a non-bling band when I travel or do not want to wear a fancy ring.

MLT

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I appreciate all the votes. I'm going to have to go try a bunch on with it and really see.

Thanks for the compliments on the ring too! My fiance said you all helped him a bunch when he was picking it out so thanks!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
mom2boys|1393691878|3625268 said:
I used to have a 3 stone ring--I routinely stacked it w/ 2 micropave bands that were 1.9mm each in width.

I'm on the hunt for super micropave bands as we speak! Ever since my SIL (well, former SIL :(( ) wore one on each side of her ering, I was in love.

They were the thinnest bands (full eternities!!) I'd ever seen but when the sun hit them OMG! That's a great idea for 3 stone (or even 5 stone) erings.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Let us know how things go! That's so cool that your FI was helped by PS when he was choosing your ring. :wavey:

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! I am also voting for a thin band so as not to overpower the 3 stone.
I also have a BGD 3 stone trellis, here are a few ways I wear it:

img_5341.jpg

img_7356.jpg

img_7360.jpg

img_5145.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
JuneRose- you have the most beautiful rings!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful JuneRose. Love that yummy rose gold!

MLT

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the opinions and pics everyone! I've been swamped with wedding planning but I finally had time to go try on bands recently with my ring and took some pics. Right now I'm torn between a pave band (great suggestion guys!), a double pave band, and a smaller 5 stone. Here's the pics of the rings I tried - I'll probably buy one in the next few weeks.

5 stone: I think it was .75 ctw.

Single pave eternity:

Double angled eternity bands:

Just the bands together -

What do you guys think?

20140420_123103.jpg

20140420_123622.jpg

20140420_123234.jpg

20140420_123345.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Option 2! Love how thin it is makes your ring the star.

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Option 2 without a doubt!!! The single pave eternity has it's own special sparkle but really makes your engagement ring the star of the show. I also loved the look of the engraved band that Acinom posted and the combinations that Logan Sapphire and JuneRose posted. The bands add interest, sparkle, and texture, but don't overpower the 3-stone. For my taste, the 5 stone and the double angle eternities on either side compete for attention with your stunning 3-stone. I think the pave eternity is so beautiful and I love the delicate milgrain on the edges and the classic elegant look of it. Get the smaller 5 stone for your right hand though, it's really pretty ;))

mjg

Rough_Rock
For sure the 1 pave band! It looks fab!

Please don't get the 5 stone....not a good look IMHO.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Number 2! The thin pave band complements your 3 stone and makes it pop!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would pick the single pave eternity. It has sparkle and impact so it could be worn alone, but paired w your 3 stone, it compliments not competes. That's what I'd go for!

I have a BGD 3 stone trellis w princess stones and I wear it w a bar set princess eternity band.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1399207954|3665956 said:
I would pick the single pave eternity. It has sparkle and impact so it could be worn alone, but paired w your 3 stone, it compliments not competes. That's what I'd go for!

I have a BGD 3 stone trellis w princess stones and I wear it w a bar set princess eternity band.

Could you show us a hand pic Enerchi? It sounds stunning!!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's my WF trellis with a WF Harmony, the stones in the Harmony are 2 pt melee, the 3 stone is a 1.61 center with .8 sides FWIW. I also have a Tiffany carre cut that I wear, but the Harmony IMHO, looks best.

_17679.jpg

_17680.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely think option 2 looks the best - your 3 stone is gorgeous, let it be the star, the band still offers extra sparkle without overpowering it - my preference would be no milgrain but if you like the milgrain go for it, it looks nice.

Here's a pic of a 3 stone I have with a channel set vintage band - my ring size is 4.25, the stones are smaller than yours - .40 sides and .75 center - lousy pic but I thought I'd post just to give you an idea. (not sure on size of melee - probably 1.5 pointers)

All of this said, at the end of the day you should go with what you like the best! Good luck with your choice!

img_4559.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results