shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! What is this band style called and where is the best place to buy?

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
So, I went to one of the jewelers in my town to try on some bands and really liked this band to go between my YG wedding band and my WG RB solitaire (not sure if I want YG though, since the wedding band has a touch of rosé in it):

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-25 um 12.27.17.png

The stones are about 0.03ct and I'd like a half or 3/4 eternity. Since I really want a sparkly band, I'd like to go with a trusted PS vendor and maybe, if my budget allows it, ideal cut melee. Which one sells similar rings or could custom make one?

Thanks!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I went to one of the jewelers in my town to try on some bands and really liked this band to go between my YG wedding band and my WG RB solitaire (not sure if I want YG though, since the wedding band has a touch of rosé in it):

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-25 um 12.27.17.png

The stones are about 0.03ct and I'd like a half or 3/4 eternity. Since I really want a sparkly band, I'd like to go with a trusted PS vendor and maybe, if my budget allows it, ideal cut melee. Which one sells similar rings or could custom make one?

Thanks!

I’d reach out to David Klass and Yuketiel (sp?) at IDJ.
High quality, reasonable price.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
You can get something like that anywhere, really. I contacted IDJ yesterday for a quote on a band. My wedding is not until next year or so, but I wanted an idea on price since I want the Tiffany embrace how much would something similar be.

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
I already thought about IDJ but they don‘t use ideal cut melee as far as I know.

David Klass got me a quote for a milgrain stacking band but I think the above would provide more sparkle. I will ask him for a quote for this band as well.

I was also thinking of Whiteflash, I‘ll have to look at their website if I can find something similar. Not sure if I‘m willing to pay extra for their ACA cut melee since the stones will be very small.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I already thought about IDJ but they don‘t use ideal cut melee as far as I know.

David Klass got me a quote for a milgrain stacking band but I think the above would provide more sparkle. I will ask him for a quote for this band as well.

I was also thinking of Whiteflash, I‘ll have to look at their website if I can find something similar. Not sure if I‘m willing to pay extra for their ACA cut melee since the stones will be very small.

I don’t think you need yo pay extra- if they even carry ACA in that size. Try WF too. I have a diamond bangle from them and I LOVE IT! I doubt they are ACA stones. So sparkly and so pretty.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
What about CBI? Don’t they carry super ideal melee?

chele162

Rough_Rock

You can ask for "Pricescope Quality" Ideal Cut melee at IDJ. They charge more for it but it's worth it to me. It's not certed but all of the PS Quality melee I've gotten from IDJ has been beautiful and definitely well cut.

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
I don’t think you need yo pay extra- if they even carry ACA in that size. Try WF too. I have a diamond bangle from them and I LOVE IT! I doubt they are ACA stones. So sparkly and so pretty.

I meant that the prices are already higher because they use ACA. The description of the bands I was looking at said ACA, so I guess they do carry ideal melee at a small size as well.

What about CBI? Don’t they carry super ideal melee?

I‘ll have a look at their site but I guess they are definitely higher in price.

You can ask for "Pricescope Quality" Ideal Cut melee at IDJ. They charge more for it but it's worth it to me. It's not certed but all of the PS Quality melee I've gotten from IDJ has been beautiful and definitely well cut.

I already did and am awaiting a quote. I read in some threads that some PSers prefer the „real“ ideal cut melee though.

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
The quote from IDJ is great and 200$ less than for the band at my local jeweler with „standard quality stones“.

Now I‘m waiting for David Klass‘ quote.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I’m curious about David Klass. Keep us posted. I’m in no rush band hopping. I liked IDJ quote I was given yesterday.

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
David seems very busy at the time and unfortunately I‘ll have to decide which vendor to go with very soon, as I need the band shipped by beginning of April.

I really hope this works out, since my cluster studs project just got delayed and they will not arrive in time due to production and shipping problems overseas as IDJ told me :(.

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
@Kalliope, what is David’s turnaround time? My two projects with him were quite quick, a matter of weeks once the CADs were approved.

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
@Kalliope, what is David’s turnaround time? My two projects with him were quite quick, a matter of weeks once the CADs were approved.

It takes 20days to complete the ring I was told. I messaged him back because I had some questions and haven't heard from him since Feb 13th, hence I'm not too optimistic that a project with him will be possible within my timeframe.

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
It takes 20days to complete the ring I was told. I messaged him back because I had some questions and haven't heard from him since Feb 13th, hence I'm not too optimistic that a project with him will be possible within my timeframe.

Ah got it! Maybe email him once more. I’ve never had communication issues with him, though I know others have.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results