shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! What do you think of this diamond? (Stats, videos, pics, etc)

Lynniiee

Rough_Rock
This is a diamond from the vendor I'm looking to have my ring custom designed with. I know there are better options, and I've been trying so hard to be content with an option, but I'm exhausted and stressed about making the right choice. I love their work and would love to keep working with them. Would you buy this diamond?

2.63 Ideal G VS1

$14330
  • Diameter: 8.82 x 8.84
  • HCA: 2.2
  • Polish: Excellent
  • Symmetry: Excellent
  • Table: 58
  • Depth: 61.9
  • Crown Height/Angle: 14.5% - 34.7
  • Pavillion Height/Angle: 43.5% - 41
  • Girdle: Medium - Slightly Thick - Faceted
  • Culet: pointed
  • Fluorescence: None

2.63 arrows 2.jpeg 2.63 hearts.jpeg IMG_2904.jpeg ASET 2.63.jpeg

Attachments

• ASET 2.63.jpeg
    ASET 2.63.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2904.jpeg
    IMG_2904.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.63 arrows 2.jpeg
    2.63 arrows 2.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.63 hearts.jpeg
    2.63 hearts.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.63 carat G VS1 Certificate.pdf
    347 KB · Views: 84
  • 2.63 carat G VS1 Certificate.pdf
    347 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont want to download the report. Can you load an image of it or a link to it? I think it looks pretty good. The ASET is heavily
backlit so I think its making the center look pink. Not an H&A but thats probably ok.

Lynniiee

Rough_Rock
05660443-0964-4476-95B6-68AF32CC0F89.png
Of course! Here’s the report. Did this on my phone so let me know if it’s not readable. Thank you so much, I really appreciate the input @tyty333

Lynniiee

Rough_Rock
I’m looking more into cvd stones type IIa as it says on the certificate, as is looks like this one was most likely originally brown and was HPHT treated. Not sure if that’s something to avoid.

The other stone I’m considering is
https://igionline.com/viewpdf.htm?itemno=LG10814604
Ive received an ideal scope but am waiting on an ASET

Lynniiee

Rough_Rock
Here’s the ASET for the other 2.58 I’m considering:
upload_2018-11-15_10-42-33.jpeg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m looking more into cvd stones type IIa as it says on the certificate, as is looks like this one was most likely originally brown and was HPHT treated. Not sure if that’s something to avoid.

The other stone I’m considering is
https://igionline.com/viewpdf.htm?itemno=LG10814604
Ive received an ideal scope but am waiting on an ASET
Treated mined diamonds sell for a lot less than untreated - buy with caution as any resale value might well be minimal.

Laboratory Grown Diamonds / Man-Made Diamonds can be both CVD and HPHT to get them to be colourless (if I understand things correctly) but because they are cheaper to buy, I'm not sure if it's such a bad thing to buy a treated stone (as long as you accept MMDs currently seem to have a much smaller resale market and therefore lower resale price) - @ChristineRose would be my go-to authority on LGDs/MMDs so hopefully she will be able to comment! :)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s the ASET for the other 2.58 I’m considering:
upload_2018-11-15_10-42-33.jpeg
That looks like the light might be over-bright - the HCA score is <2 so the angles should work together, although the crown/pavilion angle combo might be slightly outside the ideal PS-recommended combination (as in I think the pavilion angle would need to be a little lower to match slightly better with the high-ish crown angle).

Lynniiee

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much, I ended up going with this 2.5 H VS2 Ideal

http://gemfacts.com/Cert/CertSearch?certNo=283030000
  • Diameter: 8.68 x 8.69
  • HCA: 0.9
  • Polish: Excellent
  • Symmetry: Excellent
  • Table: 56
  • Depth: 61.8
  • Crown Height/Angle: 15.5% - 35
  • Pavillion Height/Angle: 43% - 40.6
  • Girdle: Slightly Thick
  • Culet: None
  • Fluorescence: None

I'm still waiting for the stone to be delivered and I may send it back if it's not what it should be, but it checked all of my boxes and I ended up pulling the trigger on buying it.

I also bought an ASET kit just for funsies, excited to use it on it when it arrives.

I'm trying to figure out how to upload a video, maybe will post one here when I receive it on the 28th after Thanksgiving

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely! Can I ask who the vendor was you got it from? They seem quite accommodating with photos :)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh - smaller table, high crown, good balance of colour/clarity/size... It should be awesome! :))

Lynniiee

Rough_Rock
@MakingTheGrade The first vendor with all of the photos was Soha Diamonds, and I can't recommend them enough!

They were extremely patient and kind, and offered to bring in two diamonds to compare over video chat. Soha and Aubree were seriously the best, and I'm bummed I didn't end up purchasing from them. The diamond I just bought was actually from BrilliantEarth, and the 2.58 was from D.NEA Diamonds. I haven't responded back to D.NEA yet in case the 2.5 doesn't work out, but they've been great as well.

@OoohShiny I hope so!! :) Now just playing the waiting game...

NoviceAP

Rough_Rock
@MakingTheGrade The diamond I just bought was actually from BrilliantEarth

Hi Lynniiee, did you request BE to send you the ASET image? They don't seem to have images/videos/certificates for some of their inventory and I just asked them to send me more information on a few diamonds, but I was wondering how you got that.

Thanks!

Lynniiee

Rough_Rock
@NoviceAP Yes, I had to email request them for the ASET.

I actually wrote up a trick to see any unlisted certificate on BE on another forum, let me see if I can paste it here so you can too!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lynniiee - I may have missed it, but did you do a thread on your stone when it arrived?

I'm keen to see it / hear your thoughts! :))

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results