shape
carat
color
clarity

help w/ specs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Margarw

Rough_Rock
looking at a 1.5 carat round, specs as follows - I am new to the site, and want to make an educated decision! thanks in advance for your help!

Clarity: SI-3
Depth: 60.4
Table: 61
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 7.35-7.39x4.45
Girdle: Slim/Slightly Thick

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
What is your color range and what is your budget? This info will let us help you find the right diamond.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome
35.gif

I take it this is an EGL graded diamond? This isn't a top cut from the info you have given, do you have any other contenders or is this the only one? If you have seen it and love it then that is the main thing, but it would be good if you could read the tutorial on cut before you purchase, cut is KEY for a diamond's beauty. Are you in a rush to purchase? If not we would be pleased to help you! SI3 is an EGL only grade that they use, it is said to describe their better I1's, also some divisions of EGL are said to be stricter on their grading than others, EGL USA being the most accurate, is this EGL USA graded or Europe, Israel etc? Making a really educated decision takes time like with anything, if you really love this diamond, get an independant appraisal for about $150 ballpark, so you know what you are getting and that the price is right. Colour and clarity?

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 12:34:41 PM
Author:Margarw
looking at a 1.5 carat round, specs as follows - I am new to the site, and want to make an educated decision! thanks in advance for your help!

Clarity: SI-3
Depth: 60.4
Table: 61
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 7.35-7.39x4.45
Girdle: Slim/Slightly Thick
I have never seen this word used on a report! Who did this report - I know it isn''t GIA or AGS due to the SI3, but perhaps it was another lab other than EGL? Was it even a lab, or did the store do their own report on their own stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results