shape
carat
color
clarity

help w/ cushion assessment?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dean69

Rough_Rock
hello:

First off, HUGE praise for pricescope and its members. The site just rocks.

I am looking at squarish stones, mostly jubilee. But a local jeweler has a cushion cut stone that appears beautiful to me! I''d like to get advice and comments as you see fit.

From the GIA report:
Cushion brilliant, .90 carat G VS2. 6.10 x 5.51 x 3.73 mm. Depth=67.7% Table=53% Girdle=medium to very thick, faceted. Culet=none. Polish=VG and Symmetry=VG. Clarity characteristics=cloud, crystal. Flour=none Comments=none.

I''ve looked at the diamond a couple of times and it looks sparkly and has good presence in my opinion, BUT I am at the 2-week mark of ever even looking at diamonds. The store is very helpful and is willing to check out getting some kind of "brilliance scope" type of report. She has looked through some other kind of instrument and told me this is definitely not a hearts and arrows style of diamond.

One question: Does the "very good" GIA symmetry rating serve as any kind of proxy for light return as shown through an idealscope or brilliance scope? I think I understand that "ideal" only applies to round brilliants - may a cushion diamond possibly rate an "excellent" or is VG the best they can get?

Thanks so much for any help -

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results