shape
carat
color
clarity

Help to decide if this is a good diamond

Silversnow

Rough_Rock
Hello,
Can someone please let me know if this is a good diamond to purchase? Thank you very much for your thoughts. BA1BC3B7-4F70-479C-B241-5A6FCBBA4F91.jpeg 6636EFE4-D888-4A7B-A27F-DD8AB4895B77.jpeg

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm on my phone and it's hard to see the hearts and ASET images. What I can see, the symmetry is not great. Also, it appears there is leakage with a major spot around the 7 o'clock position.

We can likely help you find a better cut stone if you provide us a budget, color, clarity and size requirements.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my opinion, if you're not looking for perfection its a nice stone. We've been accused of steering everyone to Super Ideals lately but if you dont feel
like you need a stone on the super ideal level then this one might be a good choice.

There is a little bit of leakage at 7 o'clock in the aset and it's is obviously not an H&A.

Agree with Sledge that you might give your spec/budget requirements and see what else PS can find that is comparable. In the meantime put this one on hold.

Silversnow

Rough_Rock
thank you very much for your thoughts. I am looking for a 1.6 carat or higher, VS2, F-G coloring and my budget is 15k. Can you help me find a better stone within these specs? Also, what do you mean there is leakage? And what do you mean it’s not an H&A?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you very much for your thoughts. I am looking for a 1.6 carat or higher, VS2, F-G coloring and my budget is 15k. Can you help me find a better stone within these specs? Also, what do you mean there is leakage? And what do you mean it’s not an H&A?

There are 17 AGS000 stones with 'Excellent' HCA scores and PS-recommended parameters in the search tool that might be worth a look:

and 116 GIA XXX stones:

I've stretched your criteria slightly, to include SI1 and H, but see if any appeal :)

This 1.8 H VS2 looks very eye-clean in the video, but being a JA stone, you'd have to request the grading report to look at the clarity plot/list:

1.76 H VS1 - looks eye-clean in the picture, despite the crystal in the table on the clarity plot on the grading report:

1.72 G VVS1 - definitely eye-clean! but you'd have to ask JA for the grading report number to check the angles etc. Strong Fluorescence, which should be just fine but you can ask them to check any potential negative impacts, such as haze or milkiness.:

1.71 E VS1 - higher colour than the others above, which may be attractive, and VS1 should be eye-clean. Also Strong fluor, so would need checking but should be perfectly fine.:

1.7 G VVS2 - definitely eye-clean! Might be a smidge smaller in spread due to a deeper pavilion than others with the same crown angle, but I don't think it would be noticeable and it's still got an Excellent HCA score:

1.61 F VS1 - crystal in the table but VS1 so should be eye-clean - you'd have to ask for actual pictures and video:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results