shape
carat
color
clarity

Help to decide btw two diamonds with video

sparty9955

Rough_Rock
I found 2 diamonds from goodoldgold I like. I put one on reserve, let me know what you think. http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/10557/... And http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/10615/ Also, here is a video with the diamonds side by side. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-jm1SDb3Fk&feature=youtu.be - Here's the link.

This is what goodoldgold had to say about the two diamonds.

" i am one of the pickiest, most anal clarity graders/analyzers in our lab. I rarely even give a SI1 100% 'eye clean' when most others do. But for these two I can confidently tell you both are 100% eye clean at any distance, lighting and angle. "
AND
"Regarding color, here's two picture comparing the two stones mentioned below (face up and profile), the .81 G (left) & the .98 I (right) - it does come down to personal preference and keep in mind photo's exaggerate the difference. "
AND
"Both of these are top notch cut and absolutely beautiful optics, 100% eye clean and also both face up white."

Help me narrow down the two diamonds please

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
the one on the right is visibly larger and to me it looks more firey and lively. It is more tinted though. What's more important to you -- size? color?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I find it hard to judge color based on photos and videos. With that said, the larger diamond appeals to me more largely due to size but also I find it more visually appealing to me. Have you had a chance to look at G and I diamonds in real life? I think that's what it comes down to - how color sensitive are you? The other thing I would ask GOG is if they feel it is a high I or low I and how accurate the rating is. I have seen on some occasions that AGS is a bit softer in color. A true GIA I is plenty white to me.

sha4000

Shiny_Rock
The larger stone looks like its has alot more sparkle under all the conditions to my untrained eye. I can't speak for the color but I would pick the larger stone.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I would go for the larger stone. I also think "I" color is perfectly fine.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Larger. You won't regret it at that color.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1366315736|3430000 said:

I don't agree with this. He has to see an I versus a G. I can clearly see the difference.

My opinion is that you can have the most beautifully cut diamond but if the color isn't right for you ... The diamond may not work.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I assume sense he is exploring those color ranges than he has already decided if he is comfortable with them. If my assumption is wrong, he should still see some in person, but I stick with my original statement. Of course going 2 shades lower will be noticeable when side by side, but alone set in a ring I think you would regret going smaller before you'd regret going lower in color. Especially when both are still in the near colorless range.

sparty9955

Rough_Rock
Thanks people for your input. I had followed up with gog on the color. They said the I is a pretty solid I. Not a high or low I and the g is a low g. I really cant tell the difference btw a g or I with my eyes unless if they are right next to each other. Even then, it is only a slight difference for me. I think im going with the .98

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice. :))

Msu?

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like you already decided but my two cents anyway :)
I like the one on the right best. I prefer it's brilliance and the flashes seem a bit more of a chunkier style than splintery which I love. As for colour, yes, you can see the body colour from the side profile, it's noticeable but top down I'd be surprised if you could tell. An 'I' is still considered white.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Good choice on the bigger stone. I would have done the same.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1366315736|3430000 said:

DITTO...surprising numbers on premium H & A with that depth and spread...nice diamond...I color is still in the colorless range and it is so much larger.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results