shape
carat
color
clarity

Help selecting princess cuts for diamond studs please.

Maude Bird

Rough_Rock
Good morning. I am looking to get MMD diamond studs in the 2.4 - 3.0 TCW range. I am looking for good value not necessarily the best stones. I am looking at these 4 stones. Wanted to ask for your thoughts please. The pairs are at CO and D.Nea.

Attachments

• LG11052801.pdf
    195.5 KB · Views: 111
  • LG11052803.pdf
    196.2 KB · Views: 85
  • LG365929537.pdf
    489 KB · Views: 98
  • LG365929542.pdf
    488.4 KB · Views: 85

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I ask if you could post the links to the certificate webpages online?

I am not keen on downloading things from the internet if I don't have to ;-) lol

Maude Bird

Rough_Rock

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first stone has a large inclusion that's visible in the video and bounces around the stone at some angles, as per the plot on the grading report, but it looks to be a white inclusion so it is pretty good for an SI2. I like the facet patterning personally.

The second is VVS2 so no worries on the clarity front. The facet patterning looks similar to the first, which is good to have. I'm not sure if this might have a slight brown tint to it? It might be my monitor, though.

The D.NEA stones need videos for proper assessment, ideally, but both should be fine in terms of clarity. They should be checked for any brown tint, being lower in colour than the CO stones.

Maude Bird

Rough_Rock
Thank you. I, of course, cannot see the inclusion and have watched the video over and over. sigh.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the stones from D.Nea look good to my eyes (nicely cut, matching well, don't look tinted). Do you like them?

The inclusion in the other stone is at the 5 o'clock position when the stone is head on, to the right of the corner that is touching the surface.

Maude Bird

Rough_Rock
I was leaning towards the D.nea. thanks for your advice.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was leaning towards the D.nea. thanks for your advice.
Do D.Nea offer no-hassles, no-cost returns? If so, you can purchase and be safe in the knowledge that you can return if they just don't do it for you :)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VS1 clarity should be eye-clean and the videos seem to confirm this :)

They look to have a bit of tint from the side, but (to my eyes and on my screen) no more than a Mined diamond of I colour.

I don't think they have any brown tint, but different video and viewing screen setups mean it is hard to judge for sure until they are in-hand!

I (personally) like the facet patterning :) but they do 'window' (go see-through) in the far corners when rotated round. That might be standard for Princess cuts, though, and I think all diamonds window to some extent at some angles!

The videos are not directly head-on, so it is hard to check for any issues with obstruction, but they look attractive to my eyes from the angle they are videoed.

Maude Bird

Rough_Rock
Thank you1 THey will be here in two weeks.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results