shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Requested with New E-Ring Setting

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I was going to get sturdier end prongs and resizing on my e-ring, then remembered that I have a big anniversary coming up. So I've decided to upgrade the setting all the way around instead.

It is 2.75 carats already so I don't want anything too-too elaborate for everyday wear. So, probably just one halo rather than two.

Also, it is K color with some color zoning as well so I was thinking yellow gold around the diamond itself would be best.

I would also like some white gold/platinum on it too though, around any additional white diamonds that are included in the design.

I'm thinking about incorporating some light pink stones as well, either pink sapphire or pink diamonds.

And I would like two thin equidistant bands on it, so the wedding band is "built in."

All thoughts and ideas much appreciated!

Attachments

• jandia2.JPG
    jandia2.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not have many design inspirations for Marquise as it is not a shape that I like, however, I saved this when I saw it while browsing the internet recently, not sure if it fits your design requirements though.

138537367_3895516277127837_5282437593168096543_o.jpg

DK :))

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I haven't been able to find anything that's real close to what I have in mind. But something like the example below is sort of what I have in mind for the top of the ring, except I want it set vertically, with a yellow gold halo around the main diamond and light pink stones instead of dark blue ones.

marquise2.jpg

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Or maybe like the one below, but with only the center diamond and the halo with the blue stones in it (though mine would be light pink etc). What I like about this one is that the halo stones have a little curve to them, making the ring a little more frilly than so "geometrically" square as the one above.

I wish I had the software to be able to draw rings online (and knew how to use it).

marquise4.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about drawing it the old fashion way using pen and paper?

DK :))

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
@Thanks, lulu_ma. That's the general idea I have in mind, but with some details changed like light pink surround stones and some white diamonds in the halo as well.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Mrs_ Strizzle. I especially like that detail at the tips.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I swear, the marquise shape has got to be the most annoying to try to do anything with. My drawing was awful and now I'm not sure I like that design anyway.

With the styles I really like, like a ballerina ring, shield ring or double halo ring, I'm afraid the ring would be too large and showy for everyday wear. Or maybe I'll just quit worrying about that or else just leave it as a solitaire.

I am afraid of getting a finished product that doesn't look good, since I can't find one that I like enough (or that doesn't seem too over the top) that already exists, to use as an inspo ring. I only find different elements of other rings that I like and I am not good at picturing how they will look when they're all put together.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
...And this ballerina ring, but without the middle diamond halo.
bal2.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I just put my e-ring on after it being put up for a while and realized I really like it the way it is after all. Heh. So I think I'll consider this one resolved. Thanks, all. :)

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Or this, but N-S and with the inner halo in pink stones.
marquise5.jpg

This is gorgeous! If you ever revisit doing something with your stone I’d do something like this. I love it!
I am glad you fell in love with your ring again as is.

cettesaphir

Rough_Rock

I've had this saved in my "inspiration" folder - I love how the semi-halo is integrated into the design - could look gorgeous with pink stones!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Don’t you just love it when your problem gets solved AND you save a bunch of money?!! Glad you’re happy with it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results