shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Purchase Anxiety

smithm133

Rough_Rock
Why do these G diamonds look so different??

Can someone help me understand why these two diamonds look so drastically different in color? Are they taken in different light conditions? Or is the G range really that disparate?

www.jamesallen.com

Lab-Created 1.57 Carat G-VS1 Ideal Cut Round Diamond

10377927 - This 1.57 Carat Round diamond G Color VS1 Clarity has Ideal proportions and a diamond grading report from IGI
www.jamesallen.com
www.jamesallen.com

www.jamesallen.com

Lab-Created 1.55 Carat G-VS1 Ideal Cut Round Diamond

10482847 - This 1.55 Carat Round diamond G Color VS1 Clarity has Ideal proportions and a diamond grading report from IGI
www.jamesallen.com
www.jamesallen.com

I recently purchased a G color lab stone and when comparing to others available at the time they looked more similar to SKU 847 (more yellow). I haven’t received the ring yet but was looking at inventory and have found some G stones that look whiter like SKU 927. Now I am concerned about my order and questioning the grading report.

Here is the stone I purchased. Thoughts?

www.jamesallen.com

Lab-Created 1.57 Carat G-VS1 Ideal Cut Round Diamond

10482797 - This 1.57 Carat Round diamond G Color VS1 Clarity has Ideal proportions and a diamond grading report from IGI
www.jamesallen.com
www.jamesallen.com

I have so much anxiety about this but I suppose I can return/exchange if I am unhappy with the finished product - just don’t want the hassle. Thanks!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you confirm which one you purchased, and post the certificates? I think the 2nd stone looks darker partially because it's not as well cut.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first one has blue nuance. Some people may like this look, but it will result in the diamond looking slightly blue.

smithm133

Rough_Rock
Can you confirm which one you purchased, and post the certificates? I think the 2nd stone looks darker partially because it's not as well cut.

is the one I purchased.
1611806382938.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results