shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP PLEASE!!! Trying to buy diamond ASAP for proposal super soon

rocketsblazers555

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,

SKU: 8311766 James Allen. Is this worth buying???
1582095918605.png

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Guys,

SKU: 8311766 James Allen. Is this worth buying???
1582095918605.png

Welcome to the forum.

Personally speaking I'm prefer a 'clean' table because I'm a clarity -freak, haha, but the stone in the video has inclusions that look small and scattered, which would very probably look eye-clean at all normal viewing distances, I would say.

Whether the 'additional clouds' not shown would impact on light performance or not would need inspection.

Am I correct in assuming your budget is around US$16500, and you are looking for eye-clean clarity, with 'definitely white' colour?

If so, the Search tool at the top of the forum is showing 7 AGS000 stones over 1.6ct and between D-H and VVS-VS2, although they are lower in colour than the F you have found:

It is also showing 111 GIA XXX stones within proportions usually recommended on Pricescope:

If you can let us know the order in which you would prioritise Colour, Clarity and Carat Weight, we can perhaps help you look at alternative options.

FWIW I think the stone you have found already has potential, but it would need to be checked for any haziness from the clouds mentioned in the clarity section. The angles look good, though, and it should perform decently in the HCA tool. ASETscope images would help check cutting accuracy of each facet (because GIA angles etc. are rounded and averaged) but I don't think JA offers them for MRBs.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Put it on hold and see if they can give you an ASET image.

So far it looks pretty nice to me (and you have Garry H's blessing).

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Put it on hold and see if they can give you an ASET image.

So far it looks pretty nice to me (and you have Garry H's blessing).

Even with "Garry's blessing", you still think there is a need for an ASET?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never think it hurts to have extra info if they'll provide it.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JA doesn't provide ASET images on rounds unless they recently changed policy. You are limited to the IS image only. They do offer ASET on fancy shapes.

But honestly the IS image looks great and strong. And the hearts image looks great also -- a few minor inconsistencies but nothing worth worrying about.

I did notice it has medium blue fluor. I would want to verify there are no hazy or sleepy issues in various lighting due to that. I mention this because I wonder how the additional clouds, pinpoints and surface graining may play into it. I know awhile back @Garry H (Cut Nut) and I had a conversation how various inclusions can have an effect.

The video looks clean to me but again might be nice to have a gemologist view and confirm. Although I think the odds are low, I think the buyer is always wise to confirm this anytime dealing with fluor.

Like Garry, I do like the F VS2 combo. Looks like a nice stone overall.

Screenshot_20200220-062557_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200220-062700_Chrome.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results