shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP PLEASE!!! SO CONFUSED DECIDING!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shirin14

Rough_Rock
I thought this one was my "Ideal Diamond" UNTIL "someone" today (not sure if they knew what they were talking about) told me IT''S NOT!!!! I am so lost-I did the HCA cut advisor, got a score of 1.4 (within range) and within AGS 0 "white box"...DO I NEED TO BE WORRIED??? PLEASE HELP/ADVISE!!!

.91 carat
D Color
VVS2 Clarity
Measurements: 6.15 - 6.20 x 3.86
Pol/Sym: Excellent/Excellent
Cut: Excellent
Flourescence: None
Culet: None
Depth % - 62.5
Table % - 55
Girdle: Med to STK
Pav Angle: 40.8
Crown Angle: 34.5

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
What did they say is wrong with it? Do they think it''s ''warped''?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
it''s a little deeper than what I would choose for myself, because that means it "looks" smaller. but it''s likely a very pretty stone. have you seen it in person?

shirin14

Rough_Rock
The "guy" said "it''s an off-make" and to make sure it was fully-bonded???? Couldn''t understand why HE would say that!!! I have seen the diamond in person and to me it looks BEAUTIFUL. But, he JUST SCARED ME. Even though I told him that it is a GIA certified and the certificate number was validated online on GIA''s website.

Totally threw me off...Am I missing something???

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2006 6:28:48 PM
Author: shirin14
The ''guy'' said ''it''s an off-make'' and to make sure it was fully-bonded???? Couldn''t understand why HE would say that!!! I have seen the diamond in person and to me it looks BEAUTIFUL. But, he JUST SCARED ME. Even though I told him that it is a GIA certified and the certificate number was validated online on GIA''s website.

Totally threw me off...Am I missing something???
bwahahahaha...I knew it. The quotes on somebody gave it away.

shirin14

Rough_Rock
Well I still DON''T HAVE ANY DETAILS as to WHY this Diamond is NOT making the "ideal" cut as it says it is!!! So, I posted here....I need ANSWERS before I make a HUGE MISTAKE (like you said!) and regret for the rest of my life.

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
The only mistake you could make would be buying a ''bonded'' stone. Basically, his opinion is worthless. I can''t tell you if it''s a good stone...though I''m sure you will get some more enlightened responses.

He told me the stone I just bought sucked too. But everybody on here, GemAdvisor, HCA, ISEE2, BrillianceScope, IdealScope, appraiser, etc. said otherwise.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I would do a search on the person who gave you that advice :cough:convictedfelon:cough:
20.gif

shirin14

Rough_Rock
Oh WOW!!! I can''t believe there''s someone else who went through this also :) Good, I don''t feel like a nut case anymore!!!

I mean any tool I could find and anyone I could find-I have only gotten positive responses on the diamond. I just can''t understand how "HE" came to that conclusion, especially when "he" referred to Class (1-4) and said this diamond belonged to the Class 4 and I DID MY SEARCH online and Class 4 is depth under 56% and over 66%....doesn''t make any sense!?!

linvillegorge

Rough_Rock
After talking with several people who are very knowledgeable about diamonds (one of whom is a vendor often recommended on this forum), they have all pretty much have the same thing to say regarding PriceScope. It is an AWESOME source for knowledge and advice on diamonds. However, if it is guilty of anything, it would be nitpicking. The bottom line is that if the stone looks great in person - it''s a great stone. You gotta remember, nobody goes around wearing GIA certificates, Ideal Scope pictures, or 30x pictures of their diamonds! If it looks great to you, then it''s great! The best thing this site can provide when analyzing diamonds is to provide a resource of very knowledgeable opinions to give their advice on particular stones and their grading reports, etc. as well as a fair price for the stone. Ultimately it comes down to what the diamond looks like to your eye.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Double check your source -

shirin14

Rough_Rock
The diamond was listed with a reputable online diamond "source" who even spoke on the phone with me regarding it and faxed the cert to me. Of course their standards apply (30-day return policy, etc.)...

Pricescope has been VERY helpful in my search...and that is the reason why I listed my worry here-just to get an opinion from as many knowledgeable people as I can...This will definitely help! :)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2006 6:48:05 PM
Author: indecisive
I would do a search on the person who gave you that advice :cough:convictedfelon:cough:
20.gif
ahhh, now that makes more sense.

jewelgal

Shiny_Rock
I went to a reputable jeweler the other day and they mentioned that "ideal" doesn''t always mean it will be
the "best" or sparkliest diamond - you really have to judge in person and see how it performs ***
I was believed (from all i read) that H&A diamonds were Ideal and therefore would be the best - but at the jeweler it
was GRAY inside/blackish - the jeweler told me that this is characteristic of H&A cuts - and I definitely do NOT want that.

So my advice is to be happy with how it looks in person and not so much "on paper." That''s the advice I''ve decided to follow at this point in my diamond search.... Good luck!
35.gif

shirin14

Rough_Rock
Yes, I totally agree :)

I saw the stone and really loved it!!! My fingers are really small...maybe that is why it looks BIG to me..hehehehehe
3.gif

Hence, HE bought it :) Can''t wait to get it!

Thanks everyone...this is an awesome site.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Hi Shirin,

I think I can tell you why the guy said what he did. He has some inexplicable formula that he apparently got somewhere which says that any diamond with a depth over 61% (even 61.1%) will be a dud in light performance.

Of all the research and observation testing we''ve performed with diamonds we have never found such evidence for such a claim. In fact the specs on your diamond appear to be very nice. GIA and AGS (the 2 most conservative labs grading cut also agree). Sure a 62.5 depth will not have the spread of a stone with 60.5-61.x range but the difference is an extremely tiny difference. If you''ve found the rarity you''re seeking (and the clarity and color you have are sure among them) I wouldn''t let that divert you from moving forward with it.

Kind regards,
Jonathan

shirin14

Rough_Rock
Thanks Jonathan!!!

Yeah...it was very hard to find the color/clarity we wanted (I was looking for any combination of D color and VVS1/VVS2), but finally when I found this stone-I thought the depth was NOT TOO bad, especially when I read all the info here and did some of my own research.

Your explanation really DOES reassure me :) I saw the stone and I fell in love with it right away...And, I waved a green light to my bf!

Thanks once again-really great to hear "expert" straightforward opinions!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Who else has been duped by Fred? Raise your hand if he sent you a complimentary copy of his book. My hand is up. :)

My husband is a financial consultant/advisor, and a prospective client told him that she doesn''t believe in financial advisors because she listens to Suze Orman. We checked out her site, and it''s all about how financial advisors are evil, and she will willingly give you superior advice if you just send her a check . . . (Check out her website for a variety of Cheshire cat grins).

Now goodness knows this country needs good financial advise, especially re: debt, but seriously . . . Anyone who says, "Other people know diddly squat, I am the only true expert, send me your money!" is suspect.

I am going to be wary of anybody peddling advice who also peddles a product in the future.

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
My girlfriend is a big Suze fan. I am a financial slacker. She''s seen Suze speak to a large group promoting her book. Suze told them that if they can''t afford the book, they should just borrow it from a friend or go to thel library. She said that''s what she would do herself!

I think maybe you are confused about what Suze is selling and what your husband is selling. Suse sells knowledge. He sells predictions. I don''t watch Suze myself, but I''m defending her because I think it''s *terrible* to compare her to Fred. In fact, your husband may be the one who makes a living just like Fred does. Unless your husband doesn''t make more money by steering people toward certain investments.

shirin14

Rough_Rock
DING! DING! DING! DING!!! ***BINGO***

I was waiting to see when "HIS" name would pop up here :) And, it has...Well, his last communication with me stated that I should give him a call if I need to "discuss why 62+ depth is bad" and needless to say - I, with no hesitation, made use of the "Delete" button on it
25.gif

Bye Bye Fred, HELLLOOOOO ROCK!!!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results